• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    OK, since I just recently bought my AR I only currently have about 400 rounds of .223. I was just wondering what the general thoughts were on going ahead and placing a backorder given the current panic buy climate. I wish I had the ability to get my stock up before this current panic buy but alas I really didn't have the cash for the gun...had to use the CC much less stocking up on the ammo.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    you can do what you want, but personally i don't think anyone should over pay for this stuff. let it all settle back down and then let the prices drop. if you can back order it for a "good price" then go ahead. but i wouldn't recommend paying these jacked up prices to anyone.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    That being the case, what would be a non jacked up price? I have seen prices from 30 to 50 cents a round. I have not had a chance to shoot many different manufacturers of .223.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    At the current prices, I would consider a .22 conversion kit for practice.

Granted, you will still need to run full house rounds at some point in your practice, but don't underestimate what you can do with a .22 conversion kit as far as getting down the fundamentals and practicing first shots.

In a few months when the glut of panic buying is done and back orders are filled, then start looking at bulk ammo again.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    I say no !

My understanding is that the market will be flooded with ammo from all the manufactures soon and then they will slow or end production and see what all the talking heads in DC have planned and go from there

They are not going to keep producing if they no longer have a market or a greatly reduced one

??

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Mind your wallet. I backordered two lowers and 10 mags. Price was about the norm. Hopefully they get fulfilled.

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    That being the case, what would be a non jacked up price? I have seen prices from 30 to 50 cents a round. I have not had a chance to shoot many different manufacturers of .223.

It has been nearly a year since I purchased any 5.56x45 ammo. I paid around 33 cents per round for the 55 gr brass case stuff. I haven't price shopped this ammo lately as I started it. In this market, I wouldn't pay over 40 cents per round for brass cased ammo but that is my threshold - YMMV. Steel cased would be much less but, before purchasing steel cased, I would buy a small amount and make sure it cycles in your rifle first prior to buying in any volume.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    you can do what you want, but personally i don't think anyone should over pay for this stuff. let it all settle back down and then let the prices drop. if you can back order it for a "good price" then go ahead. but i wouldn't recommend paying these jacked up prices to anyone.

When was the last time things had "settled back down?"

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I say no !

My understanding is that the market will be flooded with ammo from all the manufactures soon and then they will slow or end production and see what all the talking heads in DC have planned and go from there

They are not going to keep producing if they no longer have a market or a greatly reduced one

??

I'm kind of doubting that there will be less of a market/demand any time soon. Therefore I kind of doubt without laws being passed that greatly impact the ability to specifically sell/buy ammo that production volumes would be lessened. Even if rifles/mags are restricted, the attach rate (amount of ammo sold per rifle) will increase, as people will continue to stockpile it.

Top Bottom