• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Anyone want to join me for the To Bourbon and Back bike ride? There are 3 different length rides and a race. Main ride is 35 miles starting at the court house in Warsaw.

Becknell.org

This is a Cystic Fibrosis fund raiser ride.

:ingo:

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I did want to go until I checked how far that is from where I live in Indiana. Have a great time.

I always give to CF, a close friend lost his son to that.

Terry

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Rode over 70 miles so far this week. If the weather is nice yet this evening I may get another 20 miles or so in. Hoping for nice weather saturday afternoon for the ride. If the weather is good I will probably do the 39.5 mile ride to help get ready for the next weekend 100 miles in Michigan and the Hilly Hundred in October. There is also a race to Bourbon and back on saturday. Fun ride or race, join me if you are in northern Indiana.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Lars is riding the Bike MS 150 on Saturday (and Sunday). Then next weekend we're both riding in the Hope Ride. Lars wants to do the Hilly Hundred again this year, but it's still in the air whether we'll be able to or not. I think he put over 70 miles on his bike last week, too, but with the cold snap and being on call this week (read: lots of 2AM calls), he hasn't been out much this week.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Hope Lars has a good ride. Would love to meet you at the Hilly Hundred if you can get there. I now have over 87 miles this week and will get another 40 on saturday.
    You and Lars are about the age of my oldest daughter. I am 61 years old... out of condition and weigh too much. After a back injury about 10 years ago I started sitting around and not getting enough exercise. Faced with the loss of my flight medical I decided it was time to lose some of the weight I gained in the last 10 years. I was up to 196 lbs and 5-10. My blood pressure and cholesterol were getting too high. I used to run and ride a lot but for the last 10 years have done very little. July 16 I started logging all my bike miles and times. Since that time I have ridden over 600 miles. My weight has dropped from 196 to about 180 so I am on my way to getting back to the 160 that I was at 10 years ago. Blood pressure and cholesterol are both back in normal range so it has been doing me some good.. and I feel better too.

I bought my old road bike in 1968 and it was rebuilt so many times it was time to replace it. The last few years most of my riding was on the mountain bike. July 29 I got a new Specialized road bike. I now have nearly 500 miles on that one. That is the one I will be using at the Hilly Hundred. I will be driving a SAG vehicle one day and riding the other. Duane Straw who is in charge of SAG and communications was originally from Goshen and since I have the Jeep Commander with a 4 bike carrier, 144/440 mhz ham and APRS in it he wants me to drive. So I agreed to only ride one day. I will have a radio and APRS on the bike the day I am riding so it shouldn't be too hard to pick me out. ;)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    since I have the Jeep Commander with a 4 bike carrier, 144/440 mhz ham and APRS in it he wants me to drive. I will have a radio and APRS on the bike the day I am riding so it shouldn't be too hard to pick me out. ;)
    Now you're just bragging. ;)

Lars has been talking about trying to find a way to mount an HT on his bike, so I'm sure you won't be the only one for long. ;) I was listening to the SAG guys in the Hilly last year on my radio, but there was road construction and a reroute on one of the legs for the SAG vehicles that got me out of range, so I ended up turning it off. In theory my cousin and one of my co-workers are riding, too, so we have plenty of reasons to be there. :)

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Post the next ride. Hope to catch with more notice for me.

Is this the place to find this info?

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Pami, Lars and I have already shown each other pictures of our bike mobile ham ideas. Some of us computer geeks have to hang together and find ways to merge all our nerdy hobbies.;) But if my newest brainstorm works out the rig will look different than the pictures he has of it. If I can get everything working as I want it for the new APRS system I should have about 9db gain over what I now have on the bike. One part is on backorder so I hope it gets here in time.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Hadn't had a flat tire on a road bike for over 10 years. Had 3 of them today. The original rear tube and the spare tube now both have patches on them. I'm out of CO2 cartridges. It looks like I will have to visit the bike shop before the 100 miles next weekend. Ride was excellent. Well organized and the food at the stops was great. Not a large ride. 41 in the fun ride and 6 teams of 3 in the race. I did the 39.5 miles course that included the hills and highest point in Marshall county on SR10. Averaged 16.6 mph. It looked like rain most of the afternoon but it held off and we got to stay dry.

Top Bottom