• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have been thinking about suppressors more & more, I know it has been covered various areas but thought I would pose the question so it is relevant to the current timeline on approvals.

Probably going to do as an individual for now, might form a trust & start transfers there in the future but will cross that bridge later.

Paper fingerprint cards?

Electronic finterprint cards?

What is the order of things?

How much can be done remotely?

Thanks in advance

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I walked into Bobcat yesterday with cash in hand. They had an electronic kiosk, I had my phone which allowed me to do some basic online stuff, they had a laptop, which allowed me to do stuff that is hard to do on the phone, and half an hour later, I walked out, having completed everything as an individual including fingerprints. Now it’s just a wait for an email from the ATF.

They did require cash, as Kimball explained to me that the credit card company requires delivery of products within a certain time and they can’t guarantee that since the wait is beyond their control.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    They did require cash, as Kimball explained to me that the credit card company requires delivery of products within a certain time and they can’t guarantee that since the wait is beyond their control.
    That's interesting... I've never NOT used a CC. Though that may be because I bought things that were in stock vs. ordering.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Just contact @Aszerigan ... he make the entire process entirely too easy. If you go the individual route, you'll likely have your item in a week or so. Me, I went the trust route and am still waiting.
    I've been thinking real hard about my first one or two centerfire suppressors. I kinda want to make a list of what I want to suppress, walk into Aszergan's shop like a toddler with a fistful of cash and just say "here, what do I need?"

SmolderOutdoors

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Westfield
    I've been thinking real hard about my first one or two centerfire suppressors. I kinda want to make a list of what I want to suppress, walk into Aszergan's shop like a toddler with a fistful of cash and just say "here, what do I need?"
    It only took a few messages back and forth and the next thing I knew I was paying an invoice and submitting a form 4… I don’t even want to think about that would have looked like walking in with a fistful of cash :)

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    If you plan on getting future NFA items, the electronic fingerprints are a good idea. Prevents having to schedule times with the local sheriff to get your prints done, and I can keep them on file for you for seamless future submissions.

Everything can be done remotely except the final pickup, but you're local enough that it's not an issue.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    If you're thinking about getting into some centerfire cans, shoot me a PM or drop me a text, my number is 317-213-3818. Even if you buy somewhere else, information is free and questions can be answered.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I went to ZX in Goshen yesterday and put my first one on order and paid for it. When it comes in, he said I would come in for the NFA stuff. He said suppressors are pretty thin with most OOS.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    There is a shop/range south of Bloomington that will do them. I probably should have done the electronic prints long ago, but didn't. I bought a stack of fingerprint cards and ink and did them myself. I think they cost <$15 for a stack of 20 and the ink pad. It was more convenient than going somewhere to do the prints but less convenient (and cheaper) than the electronic prints. Wait times were longer then, so the 2-3 days it took to get there in the mail was no problem.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    There is a shop/range south of Bloomington that will do them. I probably should have done the electronic prints long ago, but didn't. I bought a stack of fingerprint cards and ink and did them myself. I think they cost <$15 for a stack of 20 and the ink pad. It was more convenient than going somewhere to do the prints but less convenient (and cheaper) than the electronic prints. Wait times were longer then, so the 2-3 days it took to get there in the mail was no problem.

Are you talking about American Arms? They do the electronic fingerprints and have a Silencer Shop Kiosk. But they moved to Bedford. Not terribly far, but no longer on the southwest side of Bloomington

Last edited:
    Top Bottom