To h*** patients rights! To h*** with the 2A.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Can't say as I have much of an issue with making it more difficult for people with mental issues to get guns. Contrary to what the majority of this site thinks, personally I think there are people who shouldn't own guns.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sorry, but I still have a right to privacy, and that includes Doctor/Patient privilege.

Besides, who gets to decide if someone's rights should be restricted based on medical history? Where do you draw the line?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Can't say as I have much of an issue with making it more difficult for people with mental issues to get guns. Contrary to what the majority of this site thinks, personally I think there are people who shouldn't own guns.

Again: the right of "the People" does not only include "the people deemed sane enough by the federal government to continue using a firearm". Some view my political, social, and religious leanings as borderline crazy. What if the government decided that supporting Constitutional carry, among other rights, is a sign of mental instability?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    A lot of the people you think shouldn't, maybe should. It comes down to how much power and control a :nuts: wants over anothers life. There are people like that ya know, and when they don't get their spoiled ways, well who knows what they're capable of. I would seriously consider and study your source of information carefully. Listen and learn who they are, their agenda and who they associate themselves with outside the workplace. In the workplace, you have no control over who you work with.
    You don't always have to look to gov. to see the tyrants that want to disarm responsible citizens for their own agenda.:twocents:

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Sounds like a violation of HIPAA regs, to me. Just means more people that need care won't seek it out. The laws of unintended consequences always win in the end.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

04, think of it this way, imagine the chilling effect that this statute will have on people who may want to seek treatment but fear losing their civil right to own and carry a firearm. People who want to seek out treatment for depression or other disorders may not get the help they need thanks to the state of Delaware.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Sorry, but I still have a right to privacy, and that includes Doctor/Patient privilege.

Besides, who gets to decide if someone's rights should be restricted based on medical history? Where do you draw the line?

Should it be restricted based on age? Restricted based on citizenship? They make about as much sense as a restriction based on mental capacity.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Mr. Freeman's absolutely right with this. People seeking to speak with a professional councelor should'nt be something that's treated as a criminal offense. It should be no different than talking to a trusted friend.:twocents:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

What else shouldn't they be allowed to own? If they are too dangerous to trust with a firearm, surely they are too dangerous to trust with driving an automobile, or kitchen knives, or high power laser pointers. We should probably keep them from owning anything made of glass or metal, because crazy people can hurt other people with that stuff. Nerf 'em.

Is there a sign that people with mental issues can put in their front yard that says something to the effect of, "I'm not allowed to own a firearm for self defense, so you aren't allowed to break into my home"?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    O4; who is going to determine if someone is "Sane" or Insane" I don't think that the state is capable of that determination. Nor are most medical professionals. Why do you think they call it the PRACTICE of medicine. it is all best guess.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Who's there among us to say who is normal? At what point is a person's mental ability poor enough to preclude his/her right to self protection.

But what about those who view everyone as a demon attacking them?

The right to keep and bear arms as long as you are 18 years old... nope, back when the real 2nd was written, is was expected that a father teach his son safe firearm practice. But not his daughter! Things were way different when this country was formed.

I wish I had the answer, the above is my opinion only and not necessarily how I feel on the subject of who should or should not own a firearm.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The reason I originally posted thie is to show the hypocracy of thos who normaly enshrine privacy, doctor patient privilage or the right to murder her unborn child.

What next? Lawyre client privilage.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The reason I originally posted thie is to show the hypocracy of thos who normaly enshrine privacy, doctor patient privilage or the right to murder her unborn child.

What next? Lawyre client privilage.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What else shouldn't they be allowed to own? If they are too dangerous to trust with a firearm, surely they are too dangerous to trust with driving an automobile, or kitchen knives, or high power laser pointers. We should probably keep them from owning anything made of glass or metal, because crazy people can hurt other people with that stuff. Nerf 'em.

Is there a sign that people with mental issues can put in their front yard that says something to the effect of, "I'm not allowed to own a firearm for self defense, so you aren't allowed to break into my home"?

Well of course not, that would just be silly ;)

Like I said my opinions will differ than most on here, but I am more than fine with that. If you guys are ok with a schizophrenic packing a gun, that's cool, we are allowed to disagree. Really no point in arguing it because no one is going to change their mind.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    But what about those who view everyone as a demon attacking them?
    There are some (very few I bet) that view "everyone" as a demon. Then it will become if they view anyone at all as a demon. So, if they don't like demons, they shouldn't own a firearm. Right?:dunno:

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    If you guys are ok with a schizophrenic packing a gun, that's cool, we are allowed to disagree.
    I'm not okay with it. Particularly one who is known to be a danger to themselves or others. The same goes for ones who deliberately create hostile and potentially deadly environments for the sake of having fun or out to prove something.:twocents:

Top Bottom