• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    My uncle (rest his soul) put me on his new Harley Topper when I was 9 years old. 1959. I have been riding since that time up to selling the Road glide in the pic. I miss being in the wind more than I can say.
    As hard as it was on the wife she smiles when we talk of that trip and all the others. Seeing the Blue Ridge mountains on the parkway 2 wheels is something no one can forget. The smokey's, dragons tail, Florida and all points in between. Bad lands out in sturgis. Poop, getting dusty in here..........:)
    Yes, all things come to an end.

Finally talked the wife into a long ride two weeks ago. We rode with a group to the Harley Museum in Milwaukee. Rode up on Friday, stayed Saturday, rode back Sunday. She absolutely loved it. I think I've finally got my riding partner. I've been riding solo. OH - love her in the chaps too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Finally talked the wife into a long ride two weeks ago. We rode with a group to the Harley Museum in Milwaukee. Rode up on Friday, stayed Saturday, rode back Sunday. She absolutely loved it. I think I've finally got my riding partner. I've been riding solo. OH - love her in the chaps too.

My wife has been posted up behind me since we met. She made the leap to her own bike in 98. She was ready and my bikes were just too fast for her to be comfortable. I bought her a new Dyna Wide Glide and rolled the wheels off of it until her medical problems became a serious issue. I sold my Hot Rod springer and we kept hers. Sold it and got the Road Glide. 1 year later it was sold.
    Enjoy the time with your lady. It is priceless.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    My wife has been posted up behind me since we met. She made the leap to her own bike in 98. She was ready and my bikes were just too fast for her to be comfortable. I bought her a new Dyna Wide Glide and rolled the wheels off of it until her medical problems became a serious issue. I sold my Hot Rod springer and we kept hers. Sold it and got the Road Glide. 1 year later it was sold.
    Enjoy the time with your lady. It is priceless.

Thanks buddy. Absolutely can do.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Was thinking about this a few weeks ago: Why not pull organs from life without parole inmates? I mean, we already get some from the death row folks (I think), the life without parole people are pretty much dead to society anyways. I submit: How many kidneys does someone with no access to alcohol need? One right? You get sentenced, no parole, you get knocked out and kidney taken. Scumbag who cheated the system to get out of death loses a kidney but still lives, a dad or young kid gets a new lease on life.

What's a greater deterrent to crime: Oh, you get life in prison. (yawn) Man, they harvest you for your guts! (cool!)

Just saying. (in before the "cruel and unusual punishment" cheerleaders)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Was thinking about this a few weeks ago: Why not pull organs from life without parole inmates? I mean, we already get some from the death row folks (I think), the life without parole people are pretty much dead to society anyways. I submit: How many kidneys does someone with no access to alcohol need? One right? You get sentenced, no parole, you get knocked out and kidney taken. Scumbag who cheated the system to get out of death loses a kidney but still lives, a dad or young kid gets a new lease on life.

What's a greater deterrent to crime: Oh, you get life in prison. (yawn) Man, they harvest you for your guts! (cool!)

Just saying. (in before the "cruel and unusual punishment" cheerleaders)

If we think for-profit prisons are a racket now... ;-)

Update: My step-mom is recovering from her post-donation surgery A-OK.

Still waiting on a donor match for my dad.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, that would be cold: "you're sentenced to become spare parts". I think there would be ethical problems there.

I don't mean to insult anyone with my seat belt and helmet talk; I'm just a bit (a lot) paranoid. My mom's even worse. She doesn't want me on anything with fewer than four wheels. It's almost funny. May have to sell the Harley if my hip doesn't start behaving itself, though. She's too purty to lay down.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Oh, that would be cold: "you're sentenced to become spare parts". I think there would be ethical problems there.

I don't mean to insult anyone with my seat belt and helmet talk; I'm just a bit (a lot) paranoid. My mom's even worse. She doesn't want me on anything with fewer than four wheels. It's almost funny. May have to sell the Harley if my hip doesn't start behaving itself, though. She's too purty to lay down.

I knew two brothers that have never ridden a cycle because their mother made them promise her they wouldn't. My daughter is paranoid about riding helmetless on both cycles and bicycles but then the younger generation has been raised that way.

Top Bottom