• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We have a weaponized virus and people think a piece of cloth or 3 or a surgical mask is going to save them. That imo is stupidity.

I've had two Dr tell me to wash or at least sanitize my hands before touching my nose mouth and eyes. They said that will be more effective than mask that doesn't filter out the virus but actually let's it right on through. Doesn't matter if you have 3 mask on if it isn't the right mask it doesn't matter. If you have poor hygiene it doesn't matter.

Most of us that have had NBC training know this already. Why kid yourself and think otherwise?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To follow up on Dads comment, I hate being sick enough to dicipline myself not to do that which likely will make you sick.

STOP TOUCHING YOUR NOSE AND RUBBING YOUR EYES WITH YOUR FINGERS!!!

I am just incredulous at how often folks touch their eyes or nose in normal conversation, several times a minute. Then they touch what you also touch then shove you it in your own eyes and nose.

I get it, your eye or nose itches or tingles at times, use a tissue, your shirt sleeve anything but your unwashed hands. If it is that bad excuse yourself and go wash your hands and then take care of business, particularly in populated environments. I you are out cutting wood by yourself, by all means enjoy picking your nose and rubbing your eyes.

Yep, Kirk, no spitting needed to spread most germs, including some real killers. Wash your hands but just as importantly keep them out of your nose and eyes...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I wonder just how much the virus is spread by touching stuff. I know it is problematic to determine exactly how someone became infected so we may never know. The little invisible buggers get in through some orifice and we don't positively know if they were transported there by a finger or in the air.

I personally have not heard of one case where it was absolutely determined to be from touching stuff, but that doesn't mean much.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I wonder just how much the virus is spread by touching stuff. I know it is problematic to determine exactly how someone became infected so we may never know. The little invisible buggers get in through some orifice and we don't positively know if they were transported there by a finger or in the air.

I personally have not heard of one case where it was absolutely determined to be from touching stuff, but that doesn't mean much.
    The information I have seen seems to indicate that Wuwho flu is not easily spread by contact. It is generally confined to respiratory spread.

That said, a new procedure we are employing is the phone and device cleaning station at the door. I always knew the phone devices were dirty but never created a protocol for sanitation. It does little good to throughly wash your hands then grab the same filthy dirty phone...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The information I have seen seems to indicate that Wuwho flu is not easily spread by contact. It is generally confined to respiratory spread.

That said, a new procedure we are employing is the phone and device cleaning station at the door. I always knew the phone devices were dirty but never created a protocol for sanitation. It does little good to throughly wash your hands then grab the same filthy dirty phone...
    Right.
    Like going to a restaurant, washing your hands carefully, and then grabbing the dirtiest thing in the whole place - the menu.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Remember when all of this started last year and we had "true images" coming out of china of people dropping dead in the streets from the covid and everyone over here panicked and closed the country and haven't let up since with their restrictions?

Good times...

6048.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000556653681.jpg

Only 4000 died over there according to official CCP sources.

TheJeff

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jul 7, 2020
    US
    Here's a bit of the gray man theory applied to this: If your goal is to blend in and not be one on who draws undue attention from others, then it might be good to check the local baseline to see what other people are doing. Wear a mask in areas where the majority are wearing masks, and not wear a mask in areas where few are wearing masks.

It goes without saying if you have reason to be extremely concerned about your health or the health of a loved one, then forget what the crowd and do what you think is right.
    I concur with this!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Remember when all of this started last year and we had "true images" coming out of china of people dropping dead in the streets from the covid and everyone over here panicked and closed the country and haven't let up since with their restrictions?

Good times...

6048.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000556653681.jpg

Only 4000 died over there according to official CCP sources.
    tenor.png

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Right.
    Like going to a restaurant, washing your hands carefully, and then grabbing the dirtiest thing in the whole place - the menu.
    Not sure about that. I always figured the doorknob on the restroom door with something on the order of half the people who use it NOT washing their hands after using the toilet was the worst. Good use for one more paper towel!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom