• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    But does the public know why the bug was created and released, such that a basis for a decision is even available?
    Looks to me as though what is generally is known is fear. Fear that has the potential for turning to anger but not much of a clue on where anger should be directed. Any how, it's just something I've thought about.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    https://viralzone.expasy.org/30?outline=all_by_species

Same source

Answering the burning questions of the day

Thank you! Thank you! I'll be here all week

Are you implying that respiratory aerosols can be a single virus particle?

I've not seen that anywhere and repeatedly see references to respiratory aerosols of 1-5 um... at least an order of magnitude larger than the individual virus size you posted.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Some day I'm going to stay out of this thread. ;) But til then , enjoy!!!!!

View attachment 91028

Something my father once explained to me, that he grew up playing in the dirt (real happy to have a coke bottle to pretend it was a car or truck). And that because of the norms during that day his immune system was much better developed than mine would be so take care of myself.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I think that is partially true; however, we got mumps, measles, rheumatic fever, chicken pox, staph infections, colds, pneumonia, whooping cough and, oh yeah, polio.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think that is partially true; however, we got mumps, measles, rheumatic fever, chicken pox, staph infections, colds, pneumonia, whooping cough and, oh yeah, polio.

And yet, not once did they shut down the entire economy over (some of) those arguably more serious ailments.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    And yet, not once did they shut down the entire economy over (some of) those arguably more serious ailments.

Yeah. Why the government doesn't just give its best info on prevention and medical breakthroughs to the citizenry and let the businesses and individuals make their own informed decisions is baffling.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah. Why the government doesn't just give its best info on prevention and medical breakthroughs to the citizenry and let the businesses and individuals make their own informed decisions is baffling.

Because they are true believers in their own superiority over the citizens...

I suspect more people have been harmed or killed by the actions of those believing they are doing good, throughout history, for the people than by those with evil intentions...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I've not followed the thread....probably because the "no mask" is the clearest choice for me.

I've been asked by a few establishments to leave. Most have simply said nothing, finished the business they have with me, and moved on.

The entire reaction to this virus is politicization.....nothing less, nothing more.

Lilbear0880

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2020
    Lebanon
    Do what you want... easy as that. Mask or not. But live with the choice you make and never blame anyone else for your choices is what I say....

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area

A lot of summer activities were shut down for awhile. I was pretty young, so I don't remember everything...except being told not to go to the pond (fat chance...that's where the rope swing was). But, 60,000 kids got infected in 1952. That's equivalent to about 135,000 today. 5% died.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A lot of summer activities were shut down for awhile. I was pretty young, so I don't remember everything...except being told not to go to the pond (fat chance...that's where the rope swing was). But, 60,000 kids got infected in 1952. That's equivalent to about 135,000 today. 5% died.

I think we can all agree that shutting down the public swimming pools for 3 months wouldn't have had the economic impact of shutting down most of the economy for the better part of a year.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom