• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    I was just talking to my dad this morning about his 6 yrs. in the service...he was a navy man...Korea...USS Yellowstone...he always has great stories..i've heard them a hundred times...but today..he told a new one...a story not so about his 6 yrs, but of mom's 6 yrs..how she kept a household running with small children..how she made sure that every bill got paid...made sure that even thou he was gone..things got done..then i thought of how she took care of things when her sons went to war..how she comforted and help young wifes thru their hard times...we forget that for every soldier that answers the call...a mother...or wife..stays behind to serve..to take care of what they are fighting for...to them on this memorial day weekend i say...thank you..:patriot:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Very true!!!

I know what I do is dangerous. My Wife and Mother can only imagine. The mind can be filled with all kinds of horrible thoughts when it might take me 2-3 weeks sometimes to call or write...

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    :+1:Great post! It' easy to forget the extra burden the family at home endures. My late Grandmother told me, in WW2, about travelling to Walter Reed Hospital to see my Uncle (I never knew him,he died when I was 3) He had a terrible skin disease from New Guinea. And how my Dad's letters home from Guadalcanal suddenly changed. And no matter what, life goes on.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    My father was in the Army for 23yrs. My youngest brother was born at Walter Reed Hosptial in Ft. Ben Harrison. I remember when my father used to leave for a year at a time on what was called hardship tours (when the family could not go) Korea, Thailand, Germany, of course Viet Nam. It was very hard on my mom taking care of 6 kids by herself. But she stood behind my father throughout his Army career, no matter how many times we moved, or to where we moved to. I know the soldier is not the only one this effects. All of those moms and wives sure do need a big thanks. Great thread and thanks for posting it. :patriot:

Top Bottom