To stop 'climate change' we need MORE cattle grazing on bad/arid land NOT less!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    From the TED conference in Palm Springs I present to you a practial scientist from Africa by the name of Allan Savory. He has been working to reverse the "desertification" of land. By default, he beleives that if we can heal the land then we stop the growning deserts and therefore stop climate change.

His solution to healing land in Africa resulted in killing 40,000 elephants. He, and other scientists said the elephants were "over grazing" the land and turning it to desert. HE WAS WRONG. After realizing his mistake, he realized that we need MORE ANIMALS grazing on the land, to heal the land, not less.

Its a fascinating video, about 20 minutes. If you are a 'global warming' or 'climate change' denier (to use terms of the lefties) then this video will give you some knowledge on how wrong the left is. If you are a lefty who thinks that cars and cows are our problem and the solution is fewer cars and cows, then you may take this video as a 2x4 to the head because it advocates MORE cows on MORE land to change the land from desert to grassland.

This is a NON-political video, but the political ramifications are staggering!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI&sns=em&desktop_uri=/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpTHi7O66pI&sns=em

Brett

Marksman
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    ECI
    Umm, I do not buy into climate change or global warming at all! We as humans have not been on this planet long enough to know about any "warming". I believe I read that this year is the third coldest on record. So much for "global warming"!

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    Umm, I do not buy into climate change or global warming at all! We as humans have not been on this planet long enough to know about any "warming". I believe I read that this year is the third coldest on record. So much for "global warming"!

i'm with brett... i also think Ted talks is a bunch of BS elitist propaganda. at least most of what i've seen anyhow.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    There is nothing humans could possibly do that would affect climate.

I would say it's more accurate - and more fair - to say that we don't have enough knowledge of the climate yet to be able to predict with any accuracy either what the climate is going to do, or whether ANYTHING we do is going to significantly affect it.

Right now, the climate change alarmists are trumpeting "theories" as "fact", when most people understand that in order to qualify a theory as a "fact", the theory must match all available data (no "data shopping", please) and predictions made in accordance with the theory should be observable within the limits of observable data. The fact that the global temperature has remained steady for the last 10 years, when climate alarmists' models have predicted a rapid rise in global temperature that should still be taking place indicated that those climate "scientists" should go back and take another look at their theories and see what they're missing.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    This should be required viewing for everyone...how did the enviroment survive the vast herds of bison on this continent...let alone Africa for millenia? Why did it take decades for these genuises to ask a question so simple?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Scientists were predicting another ice age back in the 70's. As an example here's a link to an article from the 6/24/1974 issue of TIME Magazine. (Used to be public, but I see it's subscription only now.)

Another Ice Age? - TIME

Top Bottom