• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well to me that may be just as bad because and would mean he was totally wrapped up in the conversation and was oblivious as to what was going on around him.

And I'm not saying I disagree........just as bad, but for different reasons.

One way would be listed as Failure to Yield or Driver inattention on a crash report.

The other way means he was being a Richard for doing it, knowing he did it, then laughed about it.

Either way is bad.........just saying he might not have been laughing at what he had done. The laughing might have been the reason for what he did.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    You know, I will bash a cop with the best of them (hey something me you and pp can agree on) but, to say someone is stirring the pot just because they take offense to it...is just down right stupid.

Why not allow them there opinion just like we state ours!

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Why do i bash cops...lets see...never been arrested have had two traffic tickets in 23
    years of driving.......but have had numerous run ins with cops that just think everyone is a criminal and approach them with an attitude and just plain out and out rude and uncalled for....unfortunately alot more richards than nice ones nowadays.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    its not about other cops in all honesty. its about one cop mainly and 2 if you count the jack wagon on his bike speeding and being reckless.

so lets not get crazy here. we all know who likes who and who hates who. nothing new and I dont see it changing.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, we've heard from LEO's who say they try to avoid giving anybody a ticket and we've heard from at least one who "cuffed and stuffed" an officer from another jurisdiction.

I guess the bottom line is that some, maybe most or all, LEO's will give special consideration to other officers, EMT's, nurses, and /or whoever else they feel some kind of bond with. The reason for this seems to be that the people working in these fields are seen as "one of us" while others are "them".
    I'm not talking about a polite EMT 5 MPH over the limit versus a foul mouthed waiter doing 95 in a 40; I'm talking about all things equal except occupation.

I'm not saying everyone should get a ticket, but I believe everyone should be treated equally.

I worked in the medical field and did my best to treat the homeless alcoholic and the retired banker the same. I believe LEO's should have the same level of professionalism. I'm disappointed that it seems they don't.

And, just for the record, I have been driving over 45 years, been stopped about 5 times, and have never received a ticket.

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    Well it appears the cheering squad has finally woke up for the day. Have a good night all.

After your previous post...what do you expect??

you know I have had people ask me but who do you call when you need help??

My response..........If I want a prick with a gun, I will just call myself!

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    A lot of the same people do have issues with police threads and I will agree with that. You have NEVER seen me do that at all. UncleMike, would you agree that what j706 said is downright pathetic and a slap in the face of the law and justice?
    Hmmm..........
    No matter how I answer this I'm the "bad guy."
    OK
    As long as he is within the law, he can handle his situations any way he chooses.
    His Law Enforcement methods are between him and his Superiors.
    BTW
    I never wrote a UTT for another LEO either.
    But then again, I never stopped another LEO for a traffic violation.
    (I did work the investigation that got one put in Prison.
    Does that count?)

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Hmmm..........
    OK
    As long as he is within the law, he can handle his situations any way he chooses.
    BTW
    Does that count?)

he didnt just say a ticket for a traffic violation. he said for ANYTHING. Ive been told by cops about cops letting other drunk cops they pulled over go free. now i think ive found one who would do it. or is that ONE ticket he would write?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Hmmm..........
    OK
    BTW
    Does that count?)

You aren't "the bad guy" if you answer the question as a former LEO who followed the law without bias should. I am not getting into the bashing but by what he posted...yes j706 is a bad example of a police officer.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Why do i bash cops...lets see...never been arrested have had two traffic tickets in 23
    years of driving.......but have had numerous run ins with cops that just think everyone is a criminal and approach them with an attitude and just plain out and out rude and uncalled for....unfortunately alot more richards than nice ones nowadays.

I agree..... mostly.

I have not had alot of 'encounters' with LEO's....even tho I just turned 60 on June 7.... (Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me..... :laugh:).... and grew up just outside of Chicago and drove for United Van Lines for 7 years.... as well as driving professionally for another seven.

But I gotta' say, I have met cops who had so much experince with 'reals criminals' and butt-hole smart-asses in general... that they had gotten to the place where they treated many, many normal decent folks as if they were of the same stock as the gang-bangers. To me, that's abnormally defensive, and those cops should have retired from LE a long time ago.
    IMHO, it is not a majority of LEO's, but too many.

To all LEO's here: THANK YOU! ...for the often thankless job that you do. You don't get paid enough.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I take offense to the use of "Richard" as a derogatory word....

<<<<<<< middle name is Richard.

Top Bottom