• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    They are trying to cut down on the lead from your hands getting all over the place. You CAN shoot coated .22 or like Remingtons golden bullet or Winchester copper plated hp. Just no RAW lead rounds.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    As a follow-up to my previous post, I did visit Kodiak Firing Range last Friday and got the nickel tour. Wow, what a great facility!

I spent some time chatting with Mike and Lisa and meeting a few of the other staff, then Lisa gave me a tour of the place -- 10-lane range with paper target lanes as well as a plethora of steel targets of all varieties, a tactical range next to it that's available for training or practice (frangible ammo only), and a separate shoot house with multiple rooms and hallways, complete with furniture and bad guys!

The whole place is constructed of poured concrete and lined with AR-500 steel. It looked like some areas are still under construction, and I was told that the retail area is soon to be expanded. Good thing, because they didn't have nearly enough SIGS in the case, and way too many GLOCKS. :D

From what I could tell, their ammo prices are really pretty decent, too. Although I can get bulk 9mm online cheaper than at the range, their price on frangible ammo was untouchable compared with CheaperThanDirt.com or AmmoToGo.com.

I've looked over their course offerings, and am planning to start with some basic instruction and work my way through the courses, assuming that I click with an instructor or two. Given how busy the Midwest Gun and Range in Elkhart is all the time, I certainly hope that Kodiak continues to grow and becomes a beehive of shooting activity!

That's my initial impression, FWIW. It's too nice a place for a few screwballs to mess it up.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    A fellow club member who retired as a high school principal and spent more years as a member of the shooting club, pretty well sums up his experiences with people. He says, "People are pigs!" When no one is watching them, they will vandalize property by shooting it and leave trash for others to clean up. If a gas can or some other property is accidentally left in front of the firing line, it will be destroyed.

jimmytj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    It's definitely disappointing when someone that's irresponsible messes someting up, but with society's perception of "if it's not mine, I don't care..." I think it unfortunately places more responsibility on the rest of us.

Note to self... "Keep an eye out on the guy in the lane down at the end, especially if he seems like he might have a bit of 'idiot' in him, and point it out to management if prudent."

Top Bottom