• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • citycreek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    So now that I'm living here in IN, I've been informed by UT BCI that I can either keep my current CFP with my old address, which matches the state that issued my drivers license, or I can get a new permit (a new card) that shows my Indiana address. UT BCI says it is a good idea to get the new card, but will not require it.

However, I'm planning on maintaining residency with the state I just moved from. If I get a new card that shows my new address, then my CFP would have an IN address and my drivers license would not be from IN. Or would it be best to keep the CFP card the way it is with my old address from the other state?

Perspectives on what police would think if they encountered such a situation when looking at firearm carry credentials?

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I do not know IN law on it, But MI says you have 30 days to change your license once you establish a residence here. Hope that helps some how!! :dunno: :D

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I suggest that you keep your UT CFP in line with your driver's license. (same address, etc).

Sounds like IN is where you have a vacation home, with primary residence elsewhere.

citycreek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Indiana University does not consider me a resident of Indiana, and they will never allow me to be a resident of Indiana for tuition purposes, so...

...as long as I'm a graduate student, I will be a resident of my home state if I renew my vehicle registration and drivers license in my home state. Once I graduate, I'd better figure out where I'm going to get a job and then become a resident of that state in the proper time frame.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I suggest that you keep your UT CFP in line with your driver's license. (same address, etc).

Sounds like IN is where you have a vacation home, with primary residence elsewhere.
    +1

If you're maintaining your residency then keep your info the same. I definitely would not change the address if you won't officially be a resident of IN.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    +1

If you're maintaining your residency then keep your info the same. I definitely would not change the address if you won't officially be a resident of IN.

I agree, especially if your not able to get a IN LTCH, there are a few states that recognize the UT permit but only if your a resident of that state. And if your stopped in one of them there might be a bit of confusion if your CFP address says IN but your DL says UT.

Top Bottom