• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    For most of my life I scoffed at the idea of a toaster oven. I mean, come on, a toaster is cheap and does what it should and a microwave heats things up fine. Since my GF moved in a year or so ago I have been converted to using this wonderful appliance. Yes, it makes toast well but also bakes small batches of stuff quickly w/o using the large oven and heats up leftovers well.

Time for a new one though. Anyone here a toaster oven aficionado? Recommendations? I am thinking in the $100-$200 range.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    When our 20 year old oven died, I considered the Breville, but it seemed like a lot of money when most others were a fraction of the price. Plus, reviews I saw appeared to indicate some service responsiveness issues from the manufacturer. Went with the Oster extra large convention countertop oven purchased from Walmart on sale around $80. So far, no issues and it does a good job.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I got my black and Decker toaster oven from big lots about 4 years ago. Still going strong and it's the most used appliance I have short of the coffee pot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I love it for pizza slices at the office.

1. start the toaster oven.
    2. nuke the slice 20- 30ish seconds to get the chill off of it and the center warm-ish
    3. put in the toaster oven for another couple minutes to dry/crisp up the crust and finish heathing through.

That makes it almost as good as fresh, or at least as good as one of the "by the slice" places like Luca Pizza, etc.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    We have exclusively used a counter-top oven for the past 8 years since the oven on our range won't hold temp and the landlord refuses to replace it. We've been through 2 of them. The first was a Black & Decker that lasted about 2 years before the convection fan went out.

Toaster_oven.jpg

The second was a Hamilton Beach that lasted almost 6 years and was actually still working when I pulled it out of commission. I noticed the plug was extremely hot and there were signs of melting and electrical burns around it.

31100.jpg

We now have an Oster extra large convection oven on the way. I don't know that we would have chosen this one to purchase, but my wife gets random free **** to review for an online marketing site and this happened to be an option when we needed a new oven.

This one at least fits a standard 13"x9" pan or a large Papa Murphy's take 'n bake.

B004USWRA4-side._V147806806_.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ours is a "Cooks" brand convection oven. Bigger than a "toaster" oven, but still makes toast. Used it for an English Muffin this morning, even. We use it for pretty much everything that doesn't really need the full-sized oven. Had it about 10 years, too.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    We have a Black and Decker convection toaster oven that was purchased from walmart about a year ago. It has simple dial controls and works well for small batches of frozen "heat and eat" stuff and works very well for heating leftovers. It's not been used for toast so I can't comment its toasting abilities.

We have the Hamilton Beach referenced above at our office. I've noticed the cord does get rather warm but has not melted yet. It is larger than the GE so will do larger batches. When I use it, it warms my lunch with good results. I've not used it for toast.

Last edited:

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    We've got a George Foreman. Picked it up a couple of years ago. Have to agree that it is the second most used appliance in the kitchen. The coffee maker is the only thing that is used more.

Top Bottom