• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This date in 1945, 30,000 marines stormed the volcanic Islands of Iwo Jima. The ensuing battle that lasted officiall til 26 March 1945 claimed the lives of 6,821 Marines/Sailors/Soldiers, and 19,217 wounded. ~70,000 were involved in the combat on this tiny island.
    Think about that for a minute.. in a 4 week span of the most brutal fighting in the Pacific Island hopping campaign, more men died than that of the last decade of fighting in OIF OEF!

Having served in OIF and been to Iwo Jima, I am honered to have followed in the footsteps of the hard nosed grunts that went before me. I pray that this legacy of Marine Corps tradition of honor and committment to fighting the enemy will live on long past my lifetime..

Today I remember and encourage you to take a few minutes and reflect on what happened in todays history that has allowed us to live in the manner in which we do. I will carry my bottle of black sand with me for the next few weeks in honor of this event
    Semper Fidelis

tumblr_lzu5ghoB7A1r2r773o1_500.jpg

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    My Great Uncle was there as a 15 year old man. Not a phrase you hear very often, but I still feel he was more of a man at 15 than I am today at 28.

He was a great man, and set a powerful example for the entire family.

:patriot:

Top Bottom