Today's firearms that will become expensive collectors in years to come?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What are the guns the kids today want but can't afford until they are middle aged and have disposable income?

That.

I hate to say it but whatever is in the current John Wick movie or currently Call of Duty game. I have several friends who are not "into" guns that want a MK18 due to the new Modern Warfare video game. Explaining to them it requires a tax stamp and a year of waiting is always fun :laugh:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    While not made recently, almost any remotely desirable surplus handguns are going up.

A super clean makarov is going to fetch a pretty penny in the future. CZ52s have already gone sky high.
    Some of the oddball AK imports are going to go way up in value.
    Any Russian made AK is already going crazy on value.

Unique/Special Colt rifles are going to go nuts.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I try to pick up unique guns that were maybe only made for a short time and/or are in very limited supply.

Example: I snagged a Hudson H9 on a good deal before they went bankrupt. Also picked up a rare FDE Arsenal Strike One as it was the only one I had ever seen in the wild. I am thinking they might have some value years down the line.

I didn't know Hudson went bankrupt. I've been eyeballing the H9.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    While not made recently, almost any remotely desirable surplus handguns are going up.

A super clean makarov is going to fetch a pretty penny in the future. CZ52s have already gone sky high.
    Some of the oddball AK imports are going to go way up in value.
    Any Russian made AK is already going crazy on value.

Unique/Special Colt rifles are going to go nuts.

CZ 52's were 3-400 a couple years ago. What happened there?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    The guns that are sold as collectors items, very rarely are, like the Winchester’s that commemorates every single event in history. Like Mosins, SKS’s, they will only go up in value at the rate of inflation. That’s a savings account, not an investment.

The guns you want today, but can’t afford, will be the ones that will bring stupid money, 20, or 50 years from now. Buy The cool, hard to find **** now, and it will go up in value. If it’s hard to come by now, imagine how hard it will be in 30 years.

This isn’t complicated. The things I wanted in the early 80’s. Colt Python, HK 91, 93, and 94, and a Hemi Road Runner. They were cool back then, and pretty rare, and cost more than I could afford. Today, they are just stupid money, and way more rare than they were back then. Because of the price as new, production was relatively low.

Rare and highly desirable is what makes things expensive.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate to say it but whatever is in the current John Wick movie or currently Call of Duty game. I have several friends who are not "into" guns that want a MK18 due to the new Modern Warfare video game. Explaining to them it requires a tax stamp and a year of waiting is always fun :laugh:

I can already hear them.....But there is no background checks and wait times. The douche bag spinning heads in the MSM said so.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought a Yugo 59/66 it has all matching numbers in like new condition (still is) and they are even on the wood stock and hand guard. I bought it for $79+ tax. Now I have seen a few that people are asking anywhere from $400-750. I'd never thought it would become what it has. I also bought a Russian Makarov for $59 I was young and stupid and sold it. Its worth much more now than then. It was in New condition as well. Came with holster extra mag and cleaning rod.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I can already hear them.....But there is no background checks and wait times. The douche bag spinning heads in the MSM said so.

Exactly , I explain how the NFA works and their heads go kinda sideways.

That being said I have found taking friends that are into shooter type video games actually shooting is a good way to get more people involved in pro-2a activism. Most love shooting the guns they shoot in video games in real life, then they get the gun bug and down the rabbit hole they go.

They never understand the complaining about ammo costs till they have to buy their own :laugh:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I didn't know Hudson went bankrupt. I've been eyeballing the H9.

I had been eyeing them for a while but was holding out for the H9A (aluminum frame) when the news of their bankruptcy broke. I think a few guns stores thought they were going to get stuck with H9's and priced them at $599. I couldn't pass that up, so I snagged one.

Then...I think gun stores figured out that there were only a few H9's left to sell and immediately bumped the priced back up to $799. I was really glad I bought one earlier.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The guns that are sold as collectors items, very rarely are, like the Winchester’s that commemorates every single event in history. Like Mosins, SKS’s, they will only go up in value at the rate of inflation. That’s a savings account, not an investment.

The guns you want today, but can’t afford, will be the ones that will bring stupid money, 20, or 50 years from now. Buy The cool, hard to find **** now, and it will go up in value. If it’s hard to come by now, imagine how hard it will be in 30 years.

This isn’t complicated. The things I wanted in the early 80’s. Colt Python, HK 91, 93, and 94, and a Hemi Road Runner. They were cool back then, and pretty rare, and cost more than I could afford. Today, they are just stupid money, and way more rare than they were back then. Because of the price as new, production was relatively low.

Rare and highly desirable is what makes things expensive.

Makes me wonder what a spas-12 will be worth in 20 years.

I bet they'll be worth more than an SVD currently is.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I mean, if you have something collectable and you're missing a piece, those pieces can be pricey. Putting a few parts together can cost more than a complete gun.

Top Bottom