• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Is there a tactful way to "get arrested" when the officer said he wasn't going to? I can see them tacking on some sort of interference charge or something else that will stick even if the OC one won't, though it would be an easy argument that they led you there with the false charge of illegally OCing. Are police allowed to lie to you even when you've done nothing wrong? I understand they can say Billy Bob said you were the trigger man, but can they walk up to you and say you're doing something illegal to fish and see if you'll admit anything?

The video recorder in your cell phone is your best friend in this circumstance.Just don't wait until "after the event" to start it up.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Just as a side note from a FW native, the current police chief is anti-2nd Amendment and has made that very clear to anyone who will listen. To the contrary, the Allen County Sheriff is pro-2nd and is not shy about sparring with the powers that run FW. I have had a couple of problems over the years with FW officers but I just stay calm, explain the law as it is written in the code and ask them to state the code I am breaking. Good job to the OP and to the Sarge who has been posting here.

BIGnTall83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Auburn, Indiana
    Thank you for the update and professionalism. In a bit of irony, I am currently pursuing a career in law enforcement. I am working on my resume, working out at the gym, and ready to get out of the automotive field and into the career I have thought about for a very long time. Not necessarily looking into FWPD (pretty sure my threat of lawsuit would rule me out, but maybe not) and I had also heard they aren't looking to put new officers in for a couple of years. I am going to apply with State, Allen County, New Haven, & possibly Auburn, maybe some others too. Anyone who has some advice for me concerning this please post or pm me.
    -Thanks, Travis-
    Any harassment leads to me sending Chuck over! :chuck:

We could use more GOOD officers in Auburn:welcome:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Just as a side note from a FW native, the current police chief is anti-2nd Amendment and has made that very clear to anyone who will listen. To the contrary, the Allen County Sheriff is pro-2nd and is not shy about sparring with the powers that run FW. I have had a couple of problems over the years with FW officers but I just stay calm, explain the law as it is written in the code and ask them to state the code I am breaking. Good job to the OP and to the Sarge who has been posting here.

Aren't "chiefs" political appointees? Doesn't surprise me a good bit of police brass are against 2A. Rank and file is a different story.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    As an update to this thread, the FWPD has just concluded a block of instruction regarding open-carry of guns in its in-service training modules for all personnel, with another session specifically for supervisory personnel. Supervisors were trained on this material in late 2012, and the department-wide in-service training cycle runs through Saturday, 2/2/13. Extensive information regarding Indiana firearm-related statutes was provided to every officer during my session and a pretty thorough discussion was held regarding constitutional issues at both the state and federal level, complete with recent case law concerning carrying of handguns in Indiana. I hope this training will help!

This is great news. Now if we could get EVERY LEO to do this, things would be much nicer for us OC folks.

Top Bottom