• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingpin75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    greencastle
    This has been a great read and learning experience! Thanks for posting! I am also glad to hear that the LEO returned and admitted he was wrong, everyone is human.

I thought it was great that he came back on his own time, in his personal vehicle just to let me know. I have a lot of respect for him now.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The deputy showed up a few minutes ago, off duty, in his personal vehicle, and smiled and said "You were right!"
    I didn't recognize him out of uniform until he told me who he was. He said he talked to a state trooper who was into guns, and he told him. I also asked if his super knew about it as well, and he answered in the affirmative! Big +1 to deputy for following up!

Sooooo.............All he was wearing was a Smile??

:wrongdoor:

briand212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Putnam County IN
    Glad to hear our LE took the time to follow thru!
    I have always Wondered what our POA lake security thinks when I load up my Evil black rifle and other firearms when I head out to the range

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    :yesway: :yesway:

I've been looking at some land in Putnam Co, so this is good to hear! Hopefully no one minds if I make some occasional noise out there if I end up moving :ar15:

How much land do you want? Looking for a house?

briand212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Putnam County IN
    Dont worry I know exactly where your coming from. I live in the same "lake" community as well with the HLPOA. There all a bunch of ding bats if you ask me. I had a few run ins with the "security" person before. The last time was when she stopped my 13 year old daughter in our driveway around 9 at night helping get groceries out of the van. She pulled her cruiser in the drive and shined the spot light on her and asked (very loudly) what she was doing getting into our van and then proceeded to tell her to drop everything and step back from the vehicle with her hands on her head. By that time I was out the front door saying a few choice words to the "security" person. The dumb@## thought she was breaking into it carrying a bag of groceries and a jug of milk. It used to be a woman that did the rounds until she got jumped by three guys last year, beat up and her duty pistol stolen off her side. The sherrifs out here arent the brightest ones Ive met.

I thought she was back on duty :dunno:

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    How much land do you want? Looking for a house?

at least 5ac, but looking for more if possible/priced right. House not necessarily required, we've been considering building, but arn't set for sure yet.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As others have said, I think I'd have to look at the officer and say, "Well, I guess you need to arrest me, then, because I'm not covering it at all." and politely, calmly hold out my hands for the cuffs. As it happens, I do have Guy Relford's number in my phone, but I probably should have it memorized, as I don't suspect they'll allow me to use my own phone to make the call, and I'll need to know it to tell the wife who to call.

I'm very pleased to see that the deputy followed up and educated himself and also his supervisor. I would certainly consider, in the OP's position, writing a letter to the sheriff, complimenting him on the type of man he's chosen to employ.

Stupid should hurt, but when they're earned, attaboys should be dispensed without reservation.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom