• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    20-3...

what was our record 2 years ago? 3 years ago? 4 years ago?

This crap reminds me of the complaints about Bob Knight going out in the first or second round of the NCAA tourney.

It's one thing to win games when you can play loose and easy because you aren't expected to win.

It's a whole other ballgame when you have fair weather fans screaming about defending the #1 ranking....

Yes, Crean had two time outs left.

Yes, Sheehey made a bad 3 point attempt with 22 seconds left on the shot clock.

Yes, Richardson was on FIRE and wanted it more.

Yes, he should have played zone with .9 left

and finally, yes, the game should have went into overtime because some homer stopped the clock WAY before the ball hit the ground out of bounds.

BCjBh-lCAAEnDuS.jpg:large

But, banners aren't won in February... they are won in March.

DMBFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Boonville,IN
    I am not an IU fan, but you cant blame Crean or the team for this.... It's the curse of the 2012-23 #1 rank. If you get #1 you are destined to lose it!

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Crean is a great person.
    Crean is a great recruiter.
    Crean is great at developing players to their full potential.
    Crean is great at interacting with the fan base and alumni.

What Crean is not, is a great or good coach as far as X's & O's during the game. His questionable substitute patterns and switching defenses when you have a lead drives me nuts.:twocents:

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Crean is a great person.

What Crean is not, is a great or good coach as far as X's & O's during the game. His questionable substitute patterns and switching defenses when you have a lead drives me nuts.:twocents:

+1

Most of my co-workers always wonder what Brad Stevens would do with the talent that IU, and some of these other elite programs, have had over the years.

IUprof

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Fort Worth
    Crean is a great person.

I agree this has often been the knock on Tom Crean. On the whole, I think he's a great person and a great coach. I believe he'll win a national championship at some point and he is much classier than Knight ever was. I'm pretty well over Knight :twocents:

Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I can't remember the interview, if it was with Coach Knight or Coach Krzyzewski, but one of them said that a good coach is worth about eight to ten points a game.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I can't remember the interview, if it was with Coach Knight or Coach Krzyzewski, but one of them said that a good coach is worth about eight to ten points a game.

Not sure I would agree with 8 to 10 points, but would agree that if both teams are fairly close in talent, then coaching can and will make a difference. A team with superior talent will almost always win, this is were I don't seeing coaching making a difference. You just can't out coach talent. :twocents:

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    The coach should not shoulder all the blame for the last loss. If Zeller switches on the pick on the in bounds pass they would have went to ot. I do agree that he is not the best coach though.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The coach should not shoulder all the blame for the last loss. If Zeller switches on the pick on the in bounds pass they would have went to ot. I do agree that he is not the best coach though.

Bottom line is Zeller messed up not Crean.

It is like the antis blameing the gun and not the shooter.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    I think everyone breaking Crean's balls needs to think back to those dark days under Davis and Sampson.

Take a look at the Big 10 this year. Kinda tough to win every game in a conference with this much talent.

Top Bottom