• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a neat little thing for the TOMTOM, really pisses the ol' Wife off when we are going on a trip and my TOMTOM lets me know where the gunshops are.

She isn't amused :laugh:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, I like the sound file I put in there. It was a Creative Commons-licensed audio clip of (I think) an MG-42 that I ran through a post-processor. Scares the crap out of Spasmo when it's real quiet in the car and there's suddenly machine gun fire. :):

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I was browsing what's "Near" me, I'm in Speedway, and noticed Don's was not near me but things further than his place is! Thought it was funny you left his place out! Don't blame you though!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I was browsing what's "Near" me, I'm in Speedway, and noticed Don's was not near me but things further than his place is! Thought it was funny you left his place out! Don't blame you though!

I left his place out on purpose. I'm not interested supporting him. Frankly, I'd rather see you go to PSS or Beechgrove Firearms.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hey, I downloaded this and put in my TomTom 720 last week. Worked great! Just wanted to say thanks for all the work that went into it. It's a nice feature to have.

PS>
    Just my opinion, good work leaving Don's out of it.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Wanted to say thanks for doing this.... loaded it up in mine this week. As if my wallet wasn't light enough as it is...... :yesway:

JPY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Muncie
    I used this tool: Edit Garmin POI files, TomTom POI files or Navman POI files - Online POI Manager to convert the TomTom file to gpx for use on my Garmin Nuvi 200. Loaded up fine using the Garmin POI Loader, though the custom POIs are sort of hidden when trying to navigate to one of them. On the current software for the Nuvi 2xx series (and maybe others, I cannot verify) you access them via "Where To" -> "Extras" -> "Custom POIs"

I don't personally have a good place to host this gpx file, but it's easy enough to convert it using the tool above.

Thanks for the POIs!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    So hey, just a heads up, if you ever have the misfortune that, for some reason, you have to go to the range at Willow Slough in NWI, don't use the POI or you'll get lost, it points to the main visitor center which is nowhere near the range. Also, whoever wrote the maps for that area is an idiot, it tells you to turn onto roads that are actually parking areas.

Part in red above has nothing to do with anybody here.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you you can get me the lat/long*, I can fix it. I had to use the address listed for the range which, in many cases (I'm looking at YOU Atterbury!) is nowhere near the actual range.

*even just a Google Maps link

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    The main gate at Willow Slough is...
    N 40.97567 W -87.52600
    The target range at Willow Slough is...
    N 41.02291 W -87.50726

Jeff

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    any idea if this would work on a Navigon 5100?

That format by itself is not Navigon usable.
    To convert TomTom to CSV (comma separated values) this online site can do it without needing any software at all, I just found out.

OV2 to CSV export tool - online POI data tools from GPS Data Team

But, to get better - use this EDITING tool
    Edit Garmin POI files, TomTom POI files or Navman POI files - Online POI Manager

Now, you'll have to put it in your Navigon's POI file. I have a 5100 too. I'll try this later.

I would like to see more descriptive names on these POIs, though.

Last edited:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps the converter tool is deficient.

The first entries look like this.

-84.83667 41.75104 Gun_Shops_and_Ra
    -87.6375 37.94107 Gun_Shops_and_Ra
    -86.22133 39.07384 Gun_Shops_and_Ra
    -87.6375 37.94107 Gun_Shops_and_Ra

Maybe the converter is missing some kind of larger, broader, group name or heading?

Top Bottom