• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Finally got around to it so here is the before and after of tonight's shenanigans. Turned out well and I didn't screw up!!!!!
    100_2476.jpg
    100_2504.jpg
    100_2496.jpg
    100_2504.jpg

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I'd also like to know what it is that you did, I purchased a 23 recently that had been crayoned but I'd like a more permanent lettering finish.

Looks great! :)

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I'd also like to know what it is that you did, I purchased a 23 recently that had been crayoned but I'd like a more permanent lettering finish.

Looks great! :)
    I bought some expensive nail polish, remover, and some cotton patches. basically just globbed it on there and let it sit a few minutes. put some nail polish remover on a patch and lightly wiped it off. Patches are one time use for this. Repeat as necessary. It does require quite a bit of cleaning to get the excess of the slide with the polish remover, but as you can see the finished product is worth the effort. Spent about an hour doing it.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I bought some expensive nail polish, remover, and some cotton patches. basically just globbed it on there and let it sit a few minutes. put some nail polish remover on a patch and lightly wiped it off. Patches are one time use for this. Repeat as necessary. It does require quite a bit of cleaning to get the excess of the slide with the polish remover, but as you can see the finished product is worth the effort. Spent about an hour doing it.

Excellent, I had thought about nail polish, but was unsure how messy it would actually be(as I am a man with no experience ;)). Maybe I'll see if the lady friend has any i can borrow.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Excellent, I had thought about nail polish, but was unsure how messy it would actually be(as I am a man with no experience ;)). Maybe I'll see if the lady friend has any i can borrow.

Oh and obviously it is much easier to do with the slide off. and Rep for being a braves fan!

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Great job! It makes the pistol look finished. Any other tips you might be willing to give before I start on my 26?

Be patient and do one section at a time

You've inspired me! CSK22 and I just finished doing our 23's tonight :D Now we've got purdy shooters! :draw: We'll be sure to get pics up soon!

Glad you guys are happy with it

Very nice work. Looks like you've inspired some folks to give it a whirl too which is an added benefit.

Thank You! Glad others were willing to try it.

Looks good :yesway: Nice job
    Thank YoU!

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I use Testors Gloss White for mine. Basically the same method but use paint thinner on a rag a wipe down the slide. Works on most gun's I've tried.

Top Bottom