• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well, until now I just thought I was kidnap-proof.

I am now relieved to know that if I am ever sentenced to death, I am apparently death penalty-proof as well.

Whew!

BCCS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    I don't see why they can't just put a PICC or other type of central line in him. Thousands of morbidly obese people have this procedure performed in hospitals each day and it isn't considered cruel and unusual then.

mschlatter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    In the Barn
    Give him the requested gastro-bypass procedure. Have him lie down strap him in then tell him there will be no anesthetizes. There's that heart attack we needed. End of problem. Its a win win for everyone.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I've put in a central line on a 5'2" 400lb lady, and a central line on a 650 pound guy. It's doable. Chunkers really have decent veins most of the time. takes lots of blood to perfuse that much skin.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I had no trouble with receiving IVs or sticks for blood back in 1994 when I was over 650#. There's almost always a way to get it done if the person doing the needle stick is 1) intelligent, 2) experienced, and 3) patient and professional enough to keep the goal in mind rather than focusing on how much trouble/inconvenience it is.

Given that, I was always big. It might be a different story for someone who has recently and rapidly added a large mass of body fat.

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    I personally, kind of liked the "cut down method" they mentioned at the end of the article. Seems fair to me.

Jason

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Reminds me of a joke:

Man in the death chamber
    Prison nurse having difficulty getting the needle into the vein.
    The inmate says, "Ouch! Damn man, what are you doing?? Trying to kill me?"

And this: Do they wipe the skin down with an alcohol pad prior to insertion? If so... Why?

They could just put a central line in him prior to the big day. But wouldn't that be terrible if this murderer suffered some anxiety about his execution. Oh, the humanity.

or this:
    product_detailed_image_1322_1220.jpg

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Use him as a guinea pig for the backup plan. It should be tested, and the sentence carried out that way. It's been nearly 30 years since the murder of the motel employee.

Get it over with, already.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The true question is why he's still alived if he was sentence to death in 1985?
    He was probably no that fat back then and how can you gain that much weight by eating prison food?
    Do they feed them six times a day?

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    The problem I have with the whole of society is why should we give a flying rat's a$& about how fat this guy got while he was on death row. Did the clerk that he killed back in '83 have any consideration to their death on how prolonged or emotionally devastating it was? NO. Quid pro Quo. If you're on a surveillance camera, and you did it for sure, Good Bye and STFU.

The good thing is the appeals court denied him...http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2012/12/04/news/doc50bd7dd68f7d5148550223.txt
    Death row inmate, Ronald Post, argument shot down

Last edited:

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The true question is why he's still alived if he was sentence to death in 1985?
    He was probably no that fat back then and how can you gain that much weight by eating prison food?
    Do they feed them six times a day?

He was probably on 23 hour lockdown and had people funding his commissary account, which he could use to get extra food items. You can work out in a cell if you want, you can also sit there expending very few calories and living large I would imagine.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He was probably on 23 hour lockdown and had people funding his commissary account, which he could use to get extra food items. You can work out in a cell if you want, you can also sit there expending very few calories and living large I would imagine.

Yeah that's what I thought.
    I guess since you know you will get killed you dont bother working out anyway. :dunno:

Top Bottom