• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    This seems like an offer too good to refuse. I have long thought that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. So, what am I missing on this offer. It is a Colt/Walther production, which should be good quality. It is a great price—$320 in Fort Wayne.

https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Results.aspx?pg=bids&id=96851040060179A&zipcode=46818&wh=G

I recognize this is a .22LR, but that still seems like a great price for it. Bass Pro has the Ruger 10/22 Takedown going at $370.

http://www.basspro.com/Ruger-10/22-Takedown-SemiAuto-Rimfire-Rifle/product/1308121004/

Again, what am I missing? Is this too good to be true or is it a really great buy?

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The "Colt" M4 .22's have mixed reviews and so does the 10/22 takedown. That coupled with a lack of ammunition has made the .22 market soft.
    This is my opinion of course, as always YMMV.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    For $210? That's a smoking deal.

If you don't like it, or doesn't meet expectations, you can always sell it and regain your money.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    For $210? That's a smoking deal.

If you don't like it, or doesn't meet expectations, you can always sell it and regain your money.

That $210 is after a deposit paid to GoG. The total price for that is $351. For that kind of money, I'd get a regular non-TD version 10/22 and some ammo instead. JMO.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    kinda pricey if you ask me,mixed reviews.....I built a full on "real" AR in .22long super nice and very reliable for around 450 that rocks hard! plus I think freedom is kinda pricey as well,most of what I see there is 20% over priced,but they did have bricks and cases of Agulia .22 for not a bad price, $45 a brick

just to spec out my .22

Anderson lower with Anderson parts kit, unknown adj butt stock, $25 free float round hand guard, Anderson sport upper(no forward assist) , barrel out of a cheap Chappa ar 22 upper( there plastic uppers are junk, but the barrel goes right in to a standard AR upper)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I priced it at $320 before taxes and fees. The Takedown price was also before taxes and shipping. I tried to keep it to the base price, so keep the prices are comparable. Shipping, FFL, and taxes vary too much to add that to the cost of the gun, at least in my opinion. YMMV.

I did find the Colt M4 for roughly the same price on an auction site—maybe $335-340 just for the gun.

The issue of the value and re-saleability of a custom built "real AR" in any caliber has been debated in other threads. Both sides seem to be convinced that the other side are absolute fools, and reason need not apply, so I will not go there on this thread.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long-guns/408045-haters-individually-built-ars.html

Seems that the unit is reasonable quality, reasonable price. Nothing special. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    My personal experience with AR based .22's that actually run with very little issues are the following two.
    The Smith & Wesson: M&P15-22 .22 LR - Smith & Wesson
    And the HK 416 clone, which I do own one of these, and have had very little trouble with it. Link:HK 416 D145RS - Walther Arms
    Both of these are in that $350 price range.
    I have fired the Smith's before with no issues, I have the HK 416 clone for the "cool" factor as well as the reliability.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My personal experience with AR based .22's that actually run with very little issues are the following two.
    The Smith & Wesson: M&P15-22 .22 LR - Smith & Wesson
    And the HK 416 clone, which I do own one of these, and have had very little trouble with it. Link:HK 416 D145RS - Walther Arms
    Both of these are in that $350 price range.
    I have fired the Smith's before with no issues, I have the HK 416 clone for the "cool" factor as well as the reliability.

Thanks! That Walther looks like an excellent weapon. The video on takedown and cleaning is very well done.

Last edited:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    They have come down in price quite a bit. I bought mine when they first hit the market and paid $525. I have seen them recently in the $350 range.
    I thought it looked cooler than the Smith or any other .22lr AR for that matter. If I were in the market, that's what I would buy. I posted in another thread about .22 ammo, that I had sold all my .22's except two.
    I own that, and a very nice Smith .22lr revolver that was my Dad's. My youngest daughter has a Sig Mosquito. Those are the only .22's we own.
    In my opinion, the 416 clone is much nicer than the two weapons in your link. Best of luck on your .22 quest.

For what it's worth, Walther is now making an HK G36 clone in .22lr, pretty cool, I still like the 416 better.

Top Bottom