• ...and so much more!
  • TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Does anyone else have a spouse that tries to "rescue" every unowned domestic critter they meet?

We currently have 10 cats and 5 dogs.

[I wanted to post pics but phone isn't accessing the gallery. Truth be told this thread is practice to use the phone to post sale items. I'll try again later. ]
    Never mind the photos, are you sure you even posted in the correct forum?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Unless you got plenty of cash to get everything fix and enough for the food, then it's a very rough time trying to get rid of them. I have 5 cats inside..all fixed and had 3 outside that were fixed. There are 4 more..a momma an 3 little 1s. Don't know what to do with them. Going thru 30lbs of food every 2 weeks and surely can't afford to get tgem fixed. Kinda at a loss as to what to do. Humane society around won't take them. So tempted to drop them off at Humane society the night before they open with a big bowl of food and water.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Does anyone else have a spouse that tries to "rescue" every unowned domestic critter they meet?

We currently have 10 cats and 5 dogs.

[I wanted to post pics but phone isn't accessing the gallery. Truth be told this thread is practice to use the phone to post sale items. I'll try again later. ]
    I have a daughter that way. 4 cats and a friggin' rabbit. The best part is she is now at IU Southeast and the animals are still here. :xmad::xmad::xmad:
    My mom is the same way too. At one time she had like 30 cats she was taking care of.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Well yes… we run a horse rescue and have taken in 2 extra dogs in the last 2 years
    8 horses and 5 dogs. Last dog is a 2 year old mastiff.
    Would not change a thing. But I’m nuckin futz
    We really don’t don’t thru that much dog food a month but horses are another story.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Well yes… we run a horse rescue and have taken in 2 extra dogs in the last 2 years
    8 horses and 5 dogs. Last dog is a 2 year old mastiff.
    Would not change a thing. But I’m nuckin futz
    We really don’t don’t thru that much dog food a month but horses are another story.
    A mastiff is dang near a horse! Good on you to take in animals that large.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    I have 5 cats inside..all fixed and had 3 outside that were fixed. There are 4 more..a momma an 3 little 1s. Don't know what to do with them. Going thru 30lbs of food every 2 weeks and surely can't afford to get tgem fixed. Kinda at a loss as to what to do.
    Wait, are you feeding the outside cats? If so, you're probably actually feeding coons, rats, mice, and squirrels too. Outside cats can fend for themselves. If you're putting food out for them, ween them off. They'll be fine. Or they'll go somewhere else to find another sucker to feed them.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Wait, are you feeding the outside cats? If so, you're probably actually feeding coons, rats, mice, and squirrels too. Outside cats can fend for themselves. If you're putting food out for them, ween them off. They'll be fine. Or they'll go somewhere else to find another sucker to feed them.
    Lol late on the reply...some of tge outside cats are ours and fixed. We have had them as babies and are not "skilled" at fending for themselves. The momma wasn't very good at doing that. It has been a few months since anything has wondered up on the porch besides the neighbors dang cats.

K9Luvn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2024
    Gas City/ Marion
    Unless you got plenty of cash to get everything fix and enough for the food, then it's a very rough time trying to get rid of them. I have 5 cats inside..all fixed and had 3 outside that were fixed. There are 4 more..a momma an 3 little 1s. Don't know what to do with them. Going thru 30lbs of food every 2 weeks and surely can't afford to get tgem fixed. Kinda at a loss as to what to do. Humane society around won't take them. So tempted to drop them off at Humane society the night before they open with a big bowl of food and water.
    Don't do it they have camera's and you will get in trouble for dumping them... even though they were probably dumped on you. See who does adoptions at your local Petsmart. See if you can get them added to the list. I'm telling you these groups are over full. There are some cheaper places to get them fixed. Le me know if I can try to help you find a place at a lower cost.

Top Bottom