• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    So last time I showed pictures of my stuff, it was work done on some G30's. This time, it's my Hk USP. I'm just going to have fun with this gun. I'm going to end up doing absolutely everything I can to this gun, slide lightening (maybe more), matching the spring rate to the slide weight, I fit an aluminum weight to it that a friend made me, I'm putting a Delta Point on it recessed into the slide with the sights moved forward in front of it, Cerakoting the slide and weight Burnt Bronze, coating the Jarvis barrel with TiN along with a couple mags.... I might, might even flute the barrel. This is just an "all or nothing" gun for me. Anyway, here is what it looks like right now. I know you can't see it in the pictures, but the serrations in the slide match the angles of the serrations in the weight. The size of the serrations are different and so is the spacing, but I wanted it to also look good if I didn't have the weight on. For those of you that like the Match, but also hate the extra weight, that the weight has... the aluminum is awesome!

This is what it looked like with the weight's final fit...
    DSCN3294_zps07cb7631.jpg

I had to make an insert that fit like a glove inside the slide so I didn't crush anything in the vise.
    DSCN3296_zps7717c71f.jpg

Machining the serrations in the slide.
    DSCN3298_zps0523ec18.jpg

What it looks like without the weight.
    DSCN3309_zps9d24704b.jpg

With the weight, but no barrel (still have to get it).
    DSCN3314_zpse6d8e9e8.jpg

So, that's it so far. Still a long way to go.
    anim_beer1.gif

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    So THIS is what HK owners want their guns to look like.
    Of my Hk's that I have, that is the ONE that I am highly modifying (it doesn't end there). :) Everyone thinks that because their gun came exactly the way it is off the shelf, that they can't do anything with it. I merely "put rims" so to speak on my gun. There is a lot of metal on guns that you can move without hurting them, well, some of them....

Also, I just like custom work and making my guns, my own.

DSCN1512.jpg

Is that a 5th axis machine you are using?
    Nope, just a regular vertical mill. Everything is done by hand adjustments on knobs.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Sweet work, if you hook up with a good coating/plating company you will eb good to go:yesway::yesway:

As soon as we move to a new house, I'm going to pick up a Mill as well, I ran a mill for 12 years + heli-arc weld, lathe etc.. I love metal working

I'm going to swing some gunsmithing classes as soon as my son turns 16, he wants the be a glock armorer and I'll do 1911 stuff

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Awesome Ive been watching videos on machining firearms. Are you a machinist by trade?
    I used to do gunsmithing work on the side for people while at my last job. I also built Hk clones. After I was laid off, I decided to give the gunsmithing thing a full go. To get on with a big company though (or good custom company), you have to have a way in. My way in is through the school I'm at (TSJC) and learning more of the gunsmithing trade. I'm going to the Brownell's career fair, and the Shot Show in Vegas with the school and will have lots of display work. Everyone who graduates has multiple job offers from these two events. I haven't had any mill work, untill I came to the school to answer your question. :)
    I got a Glock slide if you want to work on it! :)
    I have worked on other's slides and pieces, gota get grocery money somehow! :D

Top Bottom