Took a teen shooting for his first time...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    My buddy's 19 year old brother Alex has never shot a gun before. He is a really great kid, helps his brother out a lot, and really deserved to get out and have some fun. I've been talking to Alex about taking him shooting for quite some time now. He's been really interested in going. This weekend I had the opportunity to take him out.

Because he's NEVER shot before, we spent the majority of the day working on safety and trigger discipline. He did really great. (Did I mention Alex is a really great kid?) He was an excellent student and turned out to be a pretty good marksman.

Needless to say he's hooked, we both had a great time, and I think I got a new range buddy. I'm just really excited to bring a young man into shooting sports. Here are some pictures from Alex's first time shooting!

Enjoy :ingo:

6f0ab147.jpg

1759bc6a.jpg

74ae198c.jpg

bf5cea99.jpg

1b7dbc54.jpg

436613f6.jpg

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Glad you guys had fun. I had to work indoors. It's nice bringing a first timer. My teen daughter is hooked as well. Mom was a little upset when she wanted to look at ammo instead of shoes. Lol

And have him try putting his elbow in the pocket on the side of his knee instead of the top of his leg while sitting. Better control and accuracy.

Rep to you sir.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Tell him to link this thread to his FB page and convert his friends!

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I believe I'll rep you for taking the young man out shooting (as soon as I spread some around).

Good job, N_K_1984!

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    Nice, it is the best way to introduce somebody to safe use of the arms, i do bring my employees and their families to the range every year, we do a pick nick and spend all day at the range we had kids youngs as 7 traying for a first time. and they love it.

Top Bottom