• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    My daughter is getting her LTCH and has decided that she wants a gun for daily carry. So, I took her to Bullseye. First gun I pick out is a Keltec P9 (I think) and she handled it and immediately handed it back. Too small she said. So, I point out the Glocks they have. They're junk is her reply (made her daddy proud). Showed her a Taurus and Walther and she wasn't excited. I told her to look at all of them and tell me what she wanted. I (jokingly) pointed out a Hk USP compact and she immediately said that was the one she wanted. They let her shoot it and she fell in love. Did I mention it's .45? I have a .40 USP compact in lay-away there and she wants me to get mine out so she can put hers in. Brought a tear to my eye...

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    you are a lucky man, rookie. years ago, my daughter was watching me pack for a family trip. as i packed my pistols, she said " do i get one of those?"

NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Yea I actually took the wife about a month ago and she ended up picking an xd (what I carry) but sub-compact in 9mm... made me sooo happy.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Sounds like you have a smart daughter. I am not familiar with the Hk USP Compact, is that a 3" barrel .45? I'll look it up as soon as I leave also.

How did she shoot? I bought a Colt Defender and plan on putting it through some range time and then seeing if the wife can handle it. She has her LTCH on the way and we just got our Utah permits in the mail this week also.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I had been looking at a HK USP Compact, but if it's a girls gun ;-) <---just kidding.

Congrats, sounds like she is still Daddy's girl.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Well, my daughter is only three now, I've already begun instilling firearms safety with her, even though she's years away from even handling one. That's the approach my father took with me, and it worked for me. My daughter and I were at Gander Mtn. Castleton for roughly two hours when I was buying my Benelli SuperNova. She was busy pointing out the pink handled pistols and the .22 rifles with pink stocks to me telling me that those were the girl guns and that the rest of them were boy guns. She already knows they aren't toys, and she will sit and watch me clean them. Makes me proud. I'm anxious for the time when she's old enough to go shooting with me, I remember when I used to go with my dad, some of the best memories I have.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    My wife doesn't carry, but it was important for her to get a HD gun she is comfortable with because of my late work shift. She chose a SIG P6 when they flooded the market a few years back. So except for the day we got married she continues to have good taste.

Last edited:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Don't know you or you daughter ...but it brought a tear to my eye and made me pround because she called glocks junk .....lol:rockwoot::laugh::yesway:

you have got to be a proud poppa

cox7215

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Kokomo, IN
    Question on the Walther, did they have a P99 in there by chance???? Im looking for one, if so I want to send the wife up there to grab it???? R

Rafterman

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sound like you have a great daughter that knows what she likes! Many women I know really have it down on what they like in terms of handguns and what they don't.

I let my GF shoot a Colt Com., a Glock, Sig 228,
    PPK/S and a Browing Hi-Power. She did not want to put the Hi-Power down and shot 150 rnds.

Another gal I took shooting also fell for the Hi-Power over all others and shot it very well.

So if you ever get lonely for that someone special, get an Hi-Power LOL :popcorn:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    They had a Walther in .40 S&W but I'm not sure if it's the model you are looking for. Their number 765-459-0077

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I handed her the Taurus figuring, if she liked the size, I would take her somewhere where she could look at a P2000sk or a Hk45c. Now, I gotta figure out how to get my wife to get something besides her AMT .380

Top Bottom