• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    And boy is that thing a blast. High about 4", right about 2" at 50 yards.

Big thanks to manygunsmike for his help with my stock situation. 99$ worth of fun easily. Time to get some spam cans.

Question for you 91/30 shooters: adjustment L-R on the front sight, pretty difficult? I tried to hammer mine over a tick (no heat, no breakfree) and it wouldn't budge at all.

How is your general accuracy?

I couldn't get to the 100 yard range on account of too many people in camo shirts with rifled slugs in hand.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    i just use a roll pin punch and a hammer a little goes a long way even if it doesn look like its moving, a little heat is ok but dont take it to the point its discoloring teh finshed (way to hot) a heat gun is all i would use (hair drier if you think its cosmo doing it)

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Big thanks to manygunsmike for his help with my stock situation. 99$ worth of fun easily. Time to get some spam cans.

Question for you 91/30 shooters: adjustment L-R on the front sight, pretty difficult? I tried to hammer mine over a tick (no heat, no breakfree) and it wouldn't budge at all.

I couldn't get to the 100 yard range on account of too many people in camo shirts with rifled slugs in hand.

Those things are designed for the bayonet to be attached at all times. Factory zero's were done with the bayonet attached. And yes it will make that big of a difference.

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I've got a few that I really had to whack the front sight before it would budge (almost to the point of using a 20oz. hammer). Some move easy some don't. You could always send about 20 rounds rapid fire down range if you don't already have a device to heat the barrel up with :D

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I've got a few that I really had to whack the front sight before it would budge (almost to the point of using a 20oz. hammer). Some move easy some don't. You could always send about 20 rounds rapid fire down range if you don't already have a device to heat the barrel up with :D
    How could have i forgot this method Yes is this the most effective method!!!!!

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I had to drift my front sight over about 1/16" to get windage on target, but I just used a punch on a hard surface - worked fine for me. Yes, they were designed to shoot with the bayonet on, but were notorious for stringing vertically. I shoot mine with it off and just adjusted the sights.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011

Regarding accuracy. Mine was build to higher standards since its a ex-dragoon. Mine has a nearly perfect bore and barrel. I get a 1 inch group at 75 yards.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    When I get a new to me Mosin, I start at 25yrds and make my way back to 50, 75, 100..ect.. and see were it hits and adjust from there. Ive used just a small pin punch and a tack hammer to adjust the front sight. But keep in mind with the Mil Surp ammo accuracy is only going to be so good. But thats the easiest way I have forund to sight in the Mosin and get a good baseline on were it hits

Top Bottom