• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldschoolmuscle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2008
    where the green grass grows
    I don't know if I really qualify as "into" guns... Six months ago I literally cried when Lars tried to even show me where he has his stored in case I ever had to use it.

However, there must be something in the gunpowder fumes at the range I guess because two days later, here I am with my own Sig...

TDIGS :: Sig - Thumbnailview

:):

i almost bought a sig misquito at the show with a threaded barrel.... but i bought a bunch of ammo instead. :):

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Stopped at Pop's this morning (Mar. 15, 2008) so Pami could try out her new Sig........

About 50% of the time it fails to feed on Round 2.... Sounds like the magazine needs some attention. I'll clean it well, lightly oil the spring and follower, and see if that corrects it. Otherwise I'll order a new mag from Sig, and a new Mag Spring from Wolff.

I put a few magazines through my S&W 22A at 7 yards

Rounds 1-30
    7yards_1-30.jpg

Rounds 31-60
    7yards_31-60.jpg

Not contest winning, but not bad for a novice shooter I think.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Hah. You should talk to my wife then. I can't get her near a range, let alone tell her where the weapons are in the house, even if she needed to use one for some reason.

Maybe next time we shoot rifles in the country I'll trick her into going. ;)

It was a hard sell. The only reason he convinced me to go to the range the first time was because I had a situation at work that kind of hit me -- "Hey, even if you do live in Fishers, you still work at a mall in Indianapolis." Even then it took about two weeks for me to build up the nerve to go to the range with him. And I had to bite my tongue to keep me from crying for the thirty minutes or so I was there. His friends Mike and Bob were extremely patient with me.

It might just be your wife is like I was -- I'm safe, I won't need it, and I'll just pretend like it doesn't exist and he can do whatever he wants as long as he doesn't tell me about it. :dunno:

The thing with me is that I'm a bit of an OCD perfectionist. Now that I've convinced myself that I might "some day" have to maybe pick up a firearm in self-defense, and given that a weapon is only as good (or as bad) as the person holding it, I need to be good at it. I'm clumsy enough to still cut myself with the box cutter at work that I've used every single day for the last two years (and quite a bit before that, not daily). I don't want to be clumsy with a weapon that causes a lot more damage a lot more easily in inexperienced hands (or even experienced ones). I can dodge a dropped knife. Not sure I could dodge a dropped bullet -- I'll work on that.

And I have two bonuses with this: 1) it makes Lars happy knowing I have a valid means of defending myself if he's ever not home, and 2) going to the range is something we can do together that does not involve a computer. And if I happen to be a better natural shot than he is, even better still! :):

Good luck bringing your wife over. All I can say is, be patient and know what her limits are. Lars and I have a method of communicating (me: "I'm done with guns." him: "Okay, baby.") that let's us talk about different things, but when one of us reaches a point that we're just too irritated or it's too much information and our brains have stopped absorbing it, we change the subject or do something else. :) Sometimes that's after two minutes; sometimes that's after a full day of non-stop chatter, range-going, 1500-going nonsense. :):

Oh, one last thing (I know, I'm being extremely long-winded). Convince her she needs to go to a introductory defensive shooting course. I'm looking forward to the one Lars has me signed up for in May because then I know I'm learning from someone who knows all the ins and outs and understands the mistakes that newbies make. Lars said the Sheriff won't even let me stand next to my husband so that I'm forced to learn from the instructor rather than from my spouse. As much as I hate that (I'm extremely shy in person most days), it's actually a really great idea. :)

Ok I'm done now.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I felt the same way about living in Fishers when I first got here. Then my car got broke into outside my house. There was a robery and shots fired a mile up the road and recently the CVS by my house was robbed. So don't feel safe just cause you are in Fishers :)

What class are you taking in May Pami?

It was a hard sell. The only reason he convinced me to go to the range the first time was because I had a situation at work that kind of hit me -- "Hey, even if you do live in Fishers, you still work at a mall in Indianapolis."

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    What class are you taking in May Pami?

Lars tells me it's the Boone County Sheriff's Department Defensive Handgun course May 31-June 1.

Lars also says that Gunsight Academy is doing a 3-day combat pistol or something course in September that covers everything the course I'm taking covers, plus a whole bunch more, including a night shoot. That one is $469 and requires a minimum of 800 rounds of ammunition. *pokes Lars to go post his own reply instead of talking over her shoulder* :):

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    you'll want to send an e-mail to Ken Campbell, the Sheriff in Boone County.

He will send you a word document application. Fill it out, include a check for $50 with it, and mail it to him. I think this class expects you to have about 400-600 rounds, a holster, at least 2 extra magazines, and a magazine pouch for them.

Pami and I need to stop by the Fishers PD to get the background check / good character bit thing taken care of and we'll be sending in our application.

I fully intend to go to the Gunsite class in September as well. Talking with the Sheriff, he said what's covered in 2 days in his course, is covered in primarily the first day of the Gunsite class. The following two days are a bit more intense.

If I have an AR rifle before the Gunsite 3 day carbine course I might sign up for that as well. I'm not entirely sure though. That one requires about 1200 rounds. ;)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    you'll want to send an e-mail to Ken Campbell, the Sheriff in Boone County.

He will send you a word document application. Fill it out, include a check for $50 with it, and mail it to him. I think this class expects you to have about 400-600 rounds, a holster, at least 2 extra magazines, and a magazine pouch for them.

Pami and I need to stop by the Fishers PD to get the background check / good character bit thing taken care of and we'll be sending in our application.

I fully intend to go to the Gunsite class in September as well. Talking with the Sheriff, he said what's covered in 2 days in his course, is covered in primarily the first day of the Gunsite class. The following two days are a bit more intense.

If I have an AR rifle before the Gunsite 3 day carbine course I might sign up for that as well. I'm not entirely sure though. That one requires about 1200 rounds. ;)

Sounds like we need to get together a group buy on a semi load of ammo.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just got word today that my father, sister, and I will be attending the Gunsite class in May.

Whooohooo!

Thanks for parents that are into shooting! (and have the money to pay my way!!) lol

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Nice shootin' Pami!
    Before ya take the training start to toughen up yer hand a little. Work on yer grip strength with one of those squezer things. 800 rounds will take a toll if yer not used to shootin that much.
    Good luck to ya!

breakinparts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    I suppose I should mention. She now informs me she wants her own Sig Sauer Mosquito in Two Tone.

Stainless Slide, Black frame..... Kind of like this one.
    Mosquito%20Two%20-%20Tone.jpg
    We just bought one of these little buggers. Very smooth, and shoots very nice for what it is... I love it!

Top Bottom