thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Now the work begins...

V9Gyuwgh.jpg

Now that looks more like a garage. Plus they have side cabinets and lockers that you can add on when needed.
    Looks good and will last you for years.
    I have a Snap-on box and have reached the point I could use a little more storage space. I can add a side cabinet or a top box but that is going to be $2k+. Sometimes I wish I would have just bought a box from HF - 1 it wouldn't cost so much and 2 I painted myself into a corner when I bought an Orange tool box.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been slowly transferring stuff into it and it looks like I'll probably head back tomorrow for the side box. Between the 5 smaller boxes and six drawers I have a lot of crap I need to fit in there.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hmmmm, this might work
    K1A9qnYh.jpg

I'm 46 years old and apparently I still possess every single hex wrench I've ever touched. Is this excessive? lol Wish this was all of them but it isn't.

zTA5ohhh.jpg

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Ummm yes its a bit excessive for hex wrenches.
    I would sort those into some containers based on size. Otherwise you will have to search that pile for the right one

Edit- you may be on the brink of being a hoarder

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Ummm yes its a bit excessive for hex wrenches.
    I would sort those into some containers based on size. Otherwise you will have to search that pile for the right one

Edit- you may be on the brink of being a hoarder

I can attest that he is NOT a hoarder as he sells things he does not anticipate using.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Wish I could post a pic but can’t. I purchased upper and lower boxes with the Kobalt brand name from Lowe’s this December - at a HUGE discount over the factory msrp. Added my military 10% discount and an additional special 10% off and the combined price was a little over $500 including tax. Drawer slides are rated for over 100 lbs. and each box is rated for 1,000 lbs. Each drawer has a self closing feature. Top and bottom both come with an electrical strip for multiple plug-ins.

Not saying this is an everyday occurrence - but patience can bring rewards. I’m not sure if Kobalt is a Lowe’s exclusive brand - and I’ve seen similar looking tool chests with a different brand name on them.

Good luck with your search. If the OP wants a pic or two - send me a pm.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The Sears outlet store in Speedway has several large Craftsman boxes. I did not stop and look as I am good to go with a huge Craftsman with the roller bearing drawers. I love it. Also have a Husky top box that is filled with hammers and other specific tools.

Nothing wrong with a solid Craftsman roller.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Congrats on the new tool chest.

I had a Craftsman tool chest for decades and added a second about 10 years ago. They work great but buying a new house presents challenges. They can be rolled up a truck ramp with assistance. If you don't have help (and a ramp) then you're going to need those old tool boxes or a lot of ammo cans.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I saw some pretty nice tool chests / boxes at Sam's Club last night. All stainless with roller bearings and latches.
    I'm glad you found a nice tool container. This got me thinking about my craptastic combo and that I needed to consolidate my tools also. Thanks for a good thread as this has prompted me to do some planning for my new yard barn.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Nice box. Looks just like the Homak box I have at work, minus the side locker. Looks like you're putting it to good use.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    See, I guess I am a hoarder, when I buy bigger tool boxes, I already have plans for what I will fill the old ones with!

PS: If I were closer to Indy, I’d probably take those off your hands, I still need some counter top chests for the shed I’m building this spring.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah, somebody needs to buy phylodog's old tool boxes before I fool around and tell him I will. :rolleyes:

He has the better idea though. Buy bigger boxes and sell off the old small ones.

Top Bottom