• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    And if you see my initials on any of them, I want them back. :rolleyes:

Me Too! That!!

However, I repurchased new Craftsman hand tools, and I have never had an issue getting any replaced. But, broken craftsman tools are very rare. The biggest problem is having them walk away...the kids often "borrow" sockets, wrenches, and other items that never end up being returned. For corded power tools I don't really have a favorite, but probably 85% are Craftsman. I used to have Delta rechargeable tools, but those were liberated by someone who thought they needed them more than me, despite the fact that I had actually bought them. Today I have all 19.5 volt Craftsman battery tools because the price was right and the performance OK.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    If you start off with a decent tool box(not too big-heavy when full), a socket set w/ metric and US sae, basic pliers, screwdrivers, combo open end/ box(now they have ratchet type too), Home Depot sells power tool combos(battery driil, saw, light) pretty decent pricing now! Loews and Menards do too.

I own Craftsman, Stanley, a nice wrench kit/combos from Crescent, Black & Decker(lithium drill-light weight), Bosch Hammer Drill, Ridgid, Milwaukee Sawzall, all have worked well in my home and doing Pipefitter installs in Commercial Refrigeration Projects. Pick up a Volt/Ohm/Amp tester and fix your toaster. (unplug it first) Learn basic electricity!

Yes, I have had trucks broken in and replaced tools a couple times. It happens. Buy something decent, most will work for you. They all have ups and downs, but we all need a few tools for work and pleasure.

Agree about Sears and sales pricing. Look around now. This is the season to start.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Thanks all for the comments. Went to Lowes and put together a nice starter set. Lots of nice sales, some better than advertised. Still need a toolbox but chose to put money towards the tools rather than the box.

The biggest problem is having them walk away...the kids often "borrow" sockets, wrenches, and other items that never end up being returned..
    Well with this comment in mind I went with Kobalt instead of Craftsman. The current Craftsman just doesn't seem as nice as my decades old stuff. In addition if I have a warranty claim there are a lot more Lowes to walk into than Sears. The best warranty is the one you never have to use. Like the idea of the socket replacement program for lost sockets.

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Menards Tool Shop brand also has a lifetime warranty. I use their screwdrivers and tape measures at work and blow them up on a regular basis. They are pretty cheaply made, but returning/exchanging them couldn't be any simpler.

Top Bottom