• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Gosh I didnt realize my mossberg was that bad. I thought it was a pretty good shotgun always served me pretty well through the years.

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I own 2 500s and a 20 gauge mossberg. I love the guns. I give them to my buddies as wedding gifts with their initials engraved on them. I then teach them how to use it! I figure there are nicer guns out there but my buddies are not going to enjoy them like i do, but i bet $$$ if they need it it will be there.

gregtheplumber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    valparaiso
    just wanted to say i own a cobra .380 auto which im sure all knows used to be davies. exact same gun in pick. it is a bit on the heavy side for the size of the gun but have never had any function issue with the pistol and it has prolly bout 300 rds through it. would have more but 380 is so damn expensive.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I think the 500 gets a bad rap because it's cheap. They seem to work well.

I'm an 870 guy through and through, though.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I have killed everything from deer to dove with my old mossy 500..its a dependable shotgun...but,it just doesnt have that solid feel that a remington has. Ive called my 500 "the rattle trap" for years..the gun's so loose fitting that it rattles{as are all other 500s both old and new}
    I like the mossbergs...love the remingtons. though I will always put winchester above both of them...confused yet?:dunno:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Yeah dont agree with the mossberg remark.Granted that there are better made shotguns but the mossies have served many a hunter & home defense crowd well for a fair price for years

Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Remingtons are good, Mossbergs are great! The safety and slide release are in the perfect position. Your fingers don't get caught in the shell lifter when you load them either. I used a 590 in the Marines on duty and in training. I never saw one fail. Ever. I own 2 500s and a 590. Had a remington 870 once... sold it. That said, both models are extremely popular for reason. Just don't ask me why the remington is.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I gotta say +1 on the Mossy's. The first 15+ years I deer hunted was with a Trophy Slugster and filled my freezer with many a deer!!! Never had an an issue with that shottie...

JusAdSumBellum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Central IN
    10 years, a lot can change. If I wanted to I could go to my local idiot stolen gun dealer and buy a glock for $100-200.

AK will be on the next list.

If anything this list is good to look at when buying body armor.

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I agree with others that the Mossburg is good all-around shotgun. I will also say that the Ruger P-series (that's what the picture shows) are Great 9's. The P-89 is my wife's all time favorite shooter. She has a Glock 19, Browning HP, and others, but the P-89 is the one she enjoys shooting the best. I like the P-90's although I realize they're .45's. I do not consider the Rugers low-quality. Huff huff.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    These are obviously lies. Everyone knows that guns with bayonet lugs, barrel shrouds, and shoulders-things-going-up cause ordinary people to turn to heinous lives of crime.

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    I just can NOT believe the famous Tec-9 did not make the list!
    Flawed list!
    It's a ghetto fav!

tec907.jpg
    It's not on the list because it's not actually killed anyone?!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I just read the first page an came to the last page...Dad had a Mossberg for decades, an I've had a Mossberg 500 for decades, plenty of rabbits an deer takin. Wouldn't an don't feel the need for any other shotgun. People that think no one should own a Mossberg only show there immaturity an ignorance.

HollowPoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Interesting list.
    These guns listed are typically cheaper guns and are most likely in the group least protected. The cheap guns may not be put in an expensive gun safe, they may be left under car seats or in the glove box, under beds, or behind the door in the bedroom, or in the top drawer of the nightstand next to the bed. All easy places where they can be found in a break-in, and places where criminals will look. Opps, now those guns are in the hands of criminals. What do they do with the guns, sell them to make a quick buck, and they may sold again, and eventually be used in a crime.
    Maybe the more expensive guns are a little more protected; that may be the reason they are not on the list of guns used in crimes.

Trujillo107

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    NWI
    Just wanted to say I have a mossberg 500 and I love it, modified it to make it my own but it shoots better and I've won a bunch of turkey shoots

Top Bottom