• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Taurus didn't release a Curve for lefties.

Remington did release another poo R51. And apparently another "not a Glock" that nobody cares about.

The folding "pistols", both the cruelty to a Glock and the gimmick rimfire thing.

The Saint was waaaay overhyped. While it may be a nice rifle, the lifestyle marketing was so over the top I can only imagine that the marketing guys for Red Bull collaborated with the team that came up with Legion for Sig.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Gen 5 Glocks

I love mine. Sure they could have beveled the frame. But better barrel, no finger grooves, and a slightly better trigger.

As far as biggest flop. I'm not sure. What did Remington make handgun wise this year? I think overall it was a good year. M&P compact, gen 5 glocks, CZ 10, shockwave/tac

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I vote for--against--the XDE. Who did they design that for, a double jointed monkey? A DA/SA pistol with a safety that can double as a decocker is OK but if you have to use your off hand to reach the lever, it's a failure.

Interestingly, the safety/decocker on the XDE are about perfectly placed for me. I can use the decocker on the XDE almost as easily as a CZ. I can’t reach the decocker on any Sig without releasing my grip & rotating the gun or using my other hand instead.

The failure for me on the XDE is the DA trigger pull. It can’t get much longer.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    -Suppressor legalization went from "it's in the bag, man!" to "never gonna happen ever" in the time it takes to say "Las Vegas".

-Everything Springfield.

-Sig P320 drop safe meme

-Remington RP9 price crashing to less than $200 after rebate and they still can't sell them.

-John Wick ditching his HK for a stupid Gucci Glock.

-Gen 5 Glock being kinda meh, followed by the G19X having the frame beveled like it should have been on the Gen 5.

-Milsurp prices continuing into the stratosphere.

-M&P compact 2.0 bulked up.

But, it was the year Hi-Point announced the 10mm carbine, so it's all good.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The chainsaw bayonet. It is far too heavy and they didn't use a decent muffler on that thing. Every time I fired mine up to get through the Christmas crowds at the mall it was hard to keep the business end high enough to make a difference and the noise alerted those cherubs that I was coming through making the whole point for naught.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The chainsaw bayonet. It is far too heavy and they didn't use a decent muffler on that thing. Every time I fired mine up to get through the Christmas crowds at the mall it was hard to keep the business end high enough to make a difference and the noise alerted those cherubs that I was coming through making the whole point for naught.

Use electric

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Interestingly, the safety/decocker on the XDE are about perfectly placed for me. I can use the decocker on the XDE almost as easily as a CZ. I can’t reach the decocker on any Sig without releasing my grip & rotating the gun or using my other hand instead.

The failure for me on the XDE is the DA trigger pull. It can’t get much longer.

I don't have any problem with the decocker at all. Quite easy to drop for me. I agree the DA pull is pretty long, but it doesn't feel bad at all. The hype and all the variants were mega over-hyped though.

Top Bottom