• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    CO2 is a good thing if you are in the business of making huge expensive machines that sequester or transform it. You just have to buy a law that forces everybody to use them.

Always follow the money

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    CO2 is a good thing if you are in the business of making huge expensive machines that sequester or transform it. You just have to buy a law that forces everybody to use them.

Always follow the money

It is unclear to me whether that group would be allies or opponents of the group that wishes to [STRIKE]sell CO2 indulgences[/STRIKE] tax carbon as a way to reduce emissions

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    China is responsible for as much CO2 emissions as the entire developed world. The Chinese have more than quintupled their emissions since 1990, the developed world has held steady or reduced theirs. The Chinese with other developing nations are responsible for 2x the emissions of the developing world. There is an acknowledged cost to reducing emissions, who should bear that cost - perhaps the worst polluters

Green begins at home, when the Chicoms get back to their 1990 levels (like virtually the entire west) text me. Maybe by then I'll care

Just imagine if all of China got out of their grass huts and lived in cities and drove cars to even more factories spewing ****.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Always follow the money

CO2 is also a good thing for people who eat plants or eat other things that eat plants. Or use paper. Or structural lumber. Or . . . etc.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    China is responsible for as much CO2 emissions as the entire developed world. The Chinese have more than quintupled their emissions since 1990, the developed world has held steady or reduced theirs. The Chinese with other developing nations are responsible for 2x the emissions of the developing world. There is an acknowledged cost to reducing emissions, who should bear that cost - perhaps the worst polluters

Green begins at home, when the Chicoms get back to their 1990 levels (like virtually the entire west) text me. Maybe by then I'll care
    Don’t you know that the US should reduce emissions to such a level as to compensate for the output of “developing countries”?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

https://www.power-grid.com/2020/09/...-09-24&utm_source=powergrid_weekly_newsletter

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So let's see. They plan to continue emitting twice the pollution of the rest of the industrialized world while gradually ratcheting that down over the next 40 years

They already plan to rule the world by 2035, so once that is achieved who will hold them to their promises

Ask the people of Hong Kong about CCP adherence to promises. Wasn't 'one country, two systems' supposed to last until 2047? Didn't even make it half way

Don't trust and verify

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Have you compared what we put in the air today with what was going up just 30 years ago. 20 years.
    Always room to improve of course but man things are so much cleaner now.

They are, in the US. The US is not the problem and has not been the problem for a long time.
    We have a colossal amount more green energy than most of the developed world. Is it higher, as a ratio, than some of europe? No, but we're still pushing just about the most clean energy production of any nation.

It's the rest of the world that is the problem, like germany who shut down almost all of their nuclear plants and replaced them with coal plants.

China is the problem and has been ever since they became an economic power.

Still waiting for someone . . . anyone . . . to provide actual
    evidence that CO2 is a bad, bad thing. <cricket chirping>

Take a gander at Venus.

All the models to make Mars a hospitable planet involve artificially jacking up the co2 levels to warm the atmosphere.
    Why would you assume that the same physics don't apply the same here?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So let's see. They plan to continue emitting twice the pollution of the rest of the industrialized world while gradually ratcheting that down over the next 40 years

They already plan to rule the world by 2035, so once that is achieved who will hold them to their promises

Ask the people of Hong Kong about CCP adherence to promises. Wasn't 'one country, two systems' supposed to last until 2047? Didn't even make it half way

Don't trust and verify

Oh. And they're motivation to do it is coronavirus? It made them see how they need to care for the environment. Because THAT caused humans to spread sars-cov-2. :rolleyes:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They are, in the US. The US is not the problem and has not been the problem for a long time.
    We have a colossal amount more green energy than most of the developed world. Is it higher, as a ratio, than some of europe? No, but we're still pushing just about the most clean energy production of any nation.

It's the rest of the world that is the problem, like germany who shut down almost all of their nuclear plants and replaced them with coal plants.

China is the problem and has been ever since they became an economic power.

Take a gander at Venus.

All the models to make Mars a hospitable planet involve artificially jacking up the co2 levels to warm the atmosphere.
    Why would you assume that the the physics don't apply the same here?

The Earth receives solar radiation to the tune of 1367 Watts/meter squared. Venus receives almost twice that (an estimated 2636 Watts/meter squared). Venus would be hot even if it had Mars' atmosphere

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Earth receives solar radiation to the tune of 1367 Watts/meter squared. Venus receives almost twice that (an estimated 2636 Watts/meter squared). Venus would be hot even if it had Mars' atmosphere

The amount of energy it receives is massively disproportionate to the heat on the surface. That's the problem.

Mercury is dramatically closer to the sun yet is 800f.
    Venus clocks in at 872f.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The amount of energy it receives is massively disproportionate to the heat on the surface. That's the problem.

Mercury is dramatically closer to the sun yet is 800f.
    Venus clocks in at 872f.
    Well that explains why men are from Mars and women are from Venus. Chicks are always wanting to turn up the thermostat. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well that explains why men are from Mars and women are from Venus. Chicks are always wanting to turn up the thermostat. :):

Aint that the truth. Back when I worked at work the women always got to control the thermostat. I mean c'mon. They can always put more clothes on if they're cold. What the **** am I gonna do? Ain't nobody wanna see me nekkid.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield

This explains it perfectly, with women constantly turning up the thermostat no wonder the great glaciers have retreated and things are warming up. :D :D D:

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Y'all must work with young women, or really old women. I work with three 50-60 year old women, and freeze my ass off all year long. It can't get cold enough for them. Good thing I have a little heater in my office, but I have to come out from time to time.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Y'all must work with young women, or really old women. I work with three 50-60 year old women, and freeze my ass off all year long. It can't get cold enough for them. Good thing I have a little heater in my office, but I have to come out from time to time.

Ah yeah, well they're at "that time" of their lives. You have my condolences. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That's a good point. In the summer the thermostat just had to be set no lower than 76, but usually 78. That's too hot. During menopause my wife moved it down to 72 and then claimed that's where it always was.

Top Bottom