Top Shot - Jake is an arse..., but he's right.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    This whole idea of sending the worst shooters to elimination might be honorable, but stupid. Put two good guys out there. One will not be around to beat you later.

For example, I was perfectly okay when the Bears somehow made it to the Super Bowl in 2006. I knew we had that one in the bag. When the "best" NFC team made it in 2009... well you saw how that worked out...

Everyone would like to beat the best heads up. But given a choice between losing to the best or beating a so-so guy for the win. I'll take the win.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I suppose it depends on why you are playing the game. Want to win the money? Get folks eliminated however you can. Want to be known as the best all-around shooter? Go head-to-head with the best and beat them on their best day.

I guess that was the difference between last season and this one.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think it is kind of funny how much he gets to the other guys and how they let him. You go in knowing that someone is going to be playing the game, just something you have to accept. You can't let certain aspects dictate how you're going to play your game or live your life. I read an interview where he was talking about how Mike (I think that was the guy that wanted to punch him) is one of the ones he got along with the best. And we have to remember, it is more of a reality show than it is about shooting. He gets camera time because of the drama he creates...the interview, he was talking about how the show was more about exposure for him than it was about the money or winning.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I look at it as a Game Show - Half Game which means he should not take this so seriously. Half Show - someone has to be the drama queen of every one of these reality shows - he's that person.

Shive.Justin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2011
    Greenwood/Whiteland
    I have more hatred for Jake this season, than I did for George and his arrogance last season. The only thing that makes George "better" than Jake in my book, is that he "lost" so that somebody who "needed" the money could send their kids to school.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    No, honor is never stupid. Jake is an ass and is a poor representation of the military. He is a back-biting, plotting drama queen... but man, can he shoot.

I realize it is a competition, but he is certainly not taking the high road and I look forward to him losing in the future.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I have more hatred for Jake this season, than I did for George and his arrogance last season. The only thing that makes George "better" than Jake in my book, is that he "lost" so that somebody who "needed" the money could send their kids to school.

I don't think that George lost on purpose but wanted to save face about missing his target. That and 2 bucks can get you coffee at Starbucks. lulz.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Anyone else find his reportedly being a seal early on...then training them to be two different tales...seems to me that he is full of bull.

He's not right, IMHO this is a gentlemans game, and should be treated as such. He was lucky Mike contained his rage and didn't floor him. I've seen people go to that point...and it seems lucky that he snapped out of it before blacking out on him...

That being said, he is a good shooter...but a glorified a-hole

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Naval academy education paid my us taxpayers, navy seal rough and tough training by anyones standards:), but then he plays the race card and leaves the seals for a job at some no where school:xmad:, U.S. taxpayers shafted again. Give him his due, the man can shoot, but like the seals he is not a team player, now on this SHOW he is playing the same game, "It's not my fault, everyone is against me". He's getting ready to play the same card, again:noway:. Just my :twocents:, mods, delete if you like:rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    This is so true, humans will always take the easiest path with the biggest rewards

This whole idea of sending the worst shooters to elimination might be honorable, but stupid. Put two good guys out there. One will not be around to beat you later.

For example, I was perfectly okay when the Bears somehow made it to the Super Bowl in 2006. I knew we had that one in the bag. When the "best" NFC team made it in 2009... well you saw how that worked out...

Everyone would like to beat the best heads up. But given a choice between losing to the best or beating a so-so guy for the win. I'llo take the win.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    If it was a show to simply show who was the best shooter, then yes, be honorable. It's a game show. You play to win the money. Period.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    As a lot of people have said, it depends on what way you look at the competition. If you're only goal is to win, then sure, eliminate the best people first so you only have to deal with the weaker shooters. I'd personally want to win by beating the BEST people there.

And Jake has lost all respect from me because he tried to get a competitor eliminated by getting someone to get physical with him. That's just low. I'd never try to get someone out of a competition by pushing their buttons to get them to leave on a technicality. Kudos to Mike for keeping his cool!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Jake is a jerk, sure.

George missed the shot on purpose last year and Chris knows it and thanked him

Everyone else wants to beat the best on that show. Jake wants to end up the best of who is left and that is a pansy approach.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Without Jake this season and George last season, this reality TV shooting show would be boooooooooooring to the general public.

Real shooters already think the show is silly with the stupid votes, politics and drama, and most of us think it should be strictly on who the better shot is and the one who performs the worst goes home. So, they are trying to play to the general public, IMO; therefore, drama is necessary.

Jake and George bring the drama. I laughed at George's douchebaggery last year and I'm definitely laughing at Jake this year.

Top Bottom