• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Springfield Armory, lol. If anyone who owns one, hates the company so much, I will be willing to take them off your hands.

I don't agree with a lot of what's in this world but I'm not going to boycott everything that I disagree with.

I already have American Express and Patagonia on my list of brands to avoid. That's enough.:)

BTW, my 1911 didn't make his list.:(

IMO, there's nothing wrong with a boycott to motivate a company to change poor positions or decisions. SA quickly changed their stance on the Illinois anti gun bill when they saw the backlash and felt the hit to their bottom lines. That is exactly the way boycotts are supposed to work, yet many prefer to continue punishing the company after the desired changes were made, which is counter productive. The problem is a lot of people cant see the difference between conducting a boycott and exercising a grudge.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    A few people here may also be Glock Talk members and know of GT'er "BAC".

If you don't know him by name, you 1911 fans may know about 1911addicts.com. And if not - perhaps now you have another forum to peruse and glean knowledge from.

Anyhow - "BAC" owns that particular site.

That dude is a top 1911 connoisseur. Like - I'm pretty sure that he has enough invested in full-house custom and semi-custom 1911 pistols that he could buy a nice house with the $. That's not to mention all the hundreds of other handgun he collects (of which, he could also probably buy a nice house with)

I say that because for eons upon eons - he carried a Kimber 1911. I even think it was an external extractor one from the Dark Years.

That said - I don't know if A) he still does or B) if he's a class-taker and/or a power user of said Kimber.

But when a guy has access to multiple 1911 pistols that cost into low 5-digit realm - that should mean something. I'm not sure what - but something.

We all need a gun that we don't mind being without if/when we need to use it in a SD scenario. Maybe that's his? I own a couple of what I consider "high dollar" (1k range for me) but my EDC hasn't changed. It's still my tried and true G26 because it works, I can hit with, and it can be replaced affordably if need be.

As to TYM... I used to think he was funny, now he's proven over and over again to be an asshated fudd of the highest level

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    This is why you take You Tube people with a grain of salt.

1. Dude is not a expert on anything.

2. He makes about 10K or so a month off of the YT crap plus he sells merchandise so that’s more money.

3. The dude has a attention span problem jumps around all over the place I seem him as a funny guy not for advise.

I will ask CM if I need advise on 1911’s he among others he has actual knowledge to share not a search for You Tube views.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    For the casual 1911 owner and user, there are a number of more than adequate production 1911's. Smith and Wesson stands out to me. There are a number of SW's that have been flawless runners for me (in spite of the external extractor).

I was pretty satisfied with that for a long time. Several years ago, the finer side of the 1911 platform was placed in my hands. Hard to go back now...

Some people are happy with wine from a box, some prefer a bottle and still others prefer a specific vintage.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    We all need a gun that we don't mind being without if/when we need to use it in a SD scenario. Maybe that's his? I own a couple of what I consider "high dollar" (1k range for me) but my EDC hasn't changed. It's still my tried and true G26 because it works, I can hit with, and it can be replaced affordably if need be.

As to TYM... I used to think he was funny, now he's proven over and over again to be an asshated fudd of the highest level

I often carry a P365, in part, for this reason. IMHO, I have "better" guns but if I lose a P365...ehhh...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We all need a gun that we don't mind being without if/when we need to use it in a SD scenario.
    I see that a lot on internet forums. If I had to shoot someone, I am not sure how concerned I would be about the pistol being taken in for evidence considering what happened.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This is why you take You Tube people with a grain of salt.

1. Dude is not a expert on anything.

2. He makes about 10K or so a month off of the YT crap plus he sells merchandise so that’s more money.

3. The dude has a attention span problem jumps around all over the place I seem him as a funny guy not for advise.

I will ask CM if I need advise on 1911’s he among others he has actual knowledge to share not a search for You Tube views.

I don't really know much about the YouTube culture since I am not a frequent follower of anyone. I will search for a particular gun to see if anything pops up, then I end up watching several videos that pop up over on the side for suggested viewing. I just happened to view this one and didn't agree with much of it, but thought it would trigger some conversation. There are some people like Clint Smith, Ken Hackathorn, Bill Wilson, etc that I might listen to on their areas, keeping in mind that some of them are peddling something.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I see that a lot on internet forums. If I had to shoot someone, I am not sure how concerned I would be about the pistol being taken in for evidence considering what happened.

I can only speak for myself. But if I'm carrying a 1k+ dollar pistol. I'm probably at the range. You are correct in the moment if/when it happens I'm not going to be concerned about what gun I have on me and immediately after I'm sure I won't care about the gun. But 6 months later I'm going to be more upset about missing my 1k+ dollar pistol than my $400 G26.

And TYM is still an asshated fudd of the highest level.

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    giphy.webp

Now I remember why I stopped watching his videos a couple years ago

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    I will wager even money he is getting some kick backs.
    I will wager that he has posted letters outing gun companies who’ve tried to bribe him (Century for example offered him something like 6 WASR10s to just say he carried one of their handguns) into Saying favorable things about their firearms.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I will wager that he has posted letters outing gun companies who’ve tried to bribe him (Century for example offered him something like 6 WASR10s to just say he carried one of their handguns) into Saying favorable things about their firearms.

In truth I have no direct incite into this but all too often these "Gurus" are pushing a product line for personal gain.

With the list he put up it was this or he is a moron.

Top Bottom