• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGlock85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2018
    Madison
    Agree with the others that it pisses off the left people. I had an AR sticker on my vehicle for awhile and the looks I got from a couple people were priceless.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    To save the forests, no beautiful walnut just plastic and metal

wood_AR-15.png

outdoorhub-pictures-of-great-looking-wooden-furniture-for-ars-2016-02-03_21-29-07-800x491.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If everybody else has one, I don't want one.

I'll stick to my heavy, clunky, 5.56mm chambered AK. That gun will still run if I remove the dust cover and shove a ham sandwich in there.

Tsssst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    South Bend
    I recently finished my first AR build (and first one I've ever owned). I love my AK variant and am accustomed to it. I've only ever done one 3-gun competition and I was the only AK and the only iron sights, and I landed in the middle of the pack. I was pleased with that because I didn't try or know how to "game" the course. The whole atmosphere was new to me and I held my own well enough.

I built the AR in 5.56 because they really are the most common platform/ammo in the USA. I feel like I really need to know how they operate and get myself accustomed to using one. I've only shot it at two range sessions now and the first one was just to see what gas block adjustments needed to be made... No handguard or sights taken. Total AR amateur and I'll be getting used to it for quite a while but if s ever htf, it behooves me to have a clue about the gun and ammo that will be most prevalent in the USA.

Assembling it myself was, I feel, invaluable. I love my AK (bought as a complete rifle) and am faster and better with it but god help me if it needed anything you can't just swap in and out like a fcg or bolt carrier or recoil spring. Rivets and flats and all that... Sheesh.

I have a great new appreciation for the AR platform whether or not I ever get as in love with it as I am the AK.

Top Bottom