• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I would pick a Keltec carbine so I can leave it folded up and out of sight. A quick Google search shows that such an event occurred in 1989 and knocked out power in Quebec for 9 hours. First, it seems like a pretty rare event. Second, 9 hours without power isn't going to make much of an impact on our daily lives. I was in Muncie years ago when an ice storm knocked out power for 3 days. There was no looting, rioting, roving gun battles, or anything close to a situation requiring a rifle.

The power going out and your eyeballs popping are two different things! Google "mass eyeball explosion incident" and you won't find one because no one lived to tell about it, or they can't see to type. Regardless, I figured it out! I want 2 full auto unwieldy guns. I'll grab 2 fists full of trigger and spin in a circle ala "death blossom". I'd then "Marco-Polo" my ass back to my house.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Speaking of exploding eyeballs and survival, if you decide to wait out the snow until spiring thaw..............don't use a sail boat. Tall sail boats + high water + low power lines can equal exploding eyeballs. I think the guy survived and they even put his eye back? Not my story, just heard it while passing by where it happened. I will say this, you would never think it could have happened where it did.

Life is a ***** even in the best of times.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Speaking of exploding eyeballs and survival, if you decide to wait out the snow until spiring thaw..............don't use a sail boat. Tall sail boats + high water + low power lines can equal exploding eyeballs. I think the guy survived and they even put his eye back? Not my story, just heard it while passing by where it happened. I will say this, you would never think it could have happened where it did.

Life is a ***** even in the best of times.

Someday we need to download the contents of your brain to a flash drive.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    A pink rhino insinuates that my life deviates from the norm. The internet has jumped to a new level.

Now you understand why I say go around "Cabrini Green" and not through it. I also have a strong dislike for sailboats.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I grew up on the south side of Chicago, work in the city every day, and have driven every conceivable route between Chicago and nwi. I can't for the life of me see any reasonable scenario where a rifle would help me get home. Please enlighten me? Why have you narrowed your catalyst for such a trek as a CME? Would you choose a different rifle and sights if the grid was taken out by terrorists or a natural or man made disaster?

As the OP, I just tried to present one scenario. The Coronal Mass Ejection (aka CME) adds an additional element of time pressure. I'm guessing that spending extra days going around would be a calculated risk, given that things could go to **** on the homestead before you got back if you tarry too long. Also, I think that travel would get worse by the day, the longer you take to cover the distance. In my view, getting through quickly would be very important.

If the grid were taken out by terrorists, generators would still function, and there would likely be some microgrids still functioning.

Top Bottom