• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Tops Knives Cheetah Fixed Blade Knife with Black Linen Micarta Handlea & Kydex Sheath

2012-12-23_15-18-02_780.jpg

My wife gave it to me as an early Christmas present last night. So far I am pretty impressed, came out the package razor sharp. The sheath allows it to be carried high on your belt or IWB horizontally out of sight for easy concealment. I would say its comparable to the ESEE Izula.

Theres a few other knives in there line up that I like. Anyone have any pros or cons about
    Tops Knives?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, I like them. They're 1095 steel with a good heat treat and temper. I don't like ALL the knives they make, but with as many different designs as they put out, who could?

I've got a Blue Otter. It's a stout little knife, to be sure, at 3/16" thick. I've got my eye on a couple of others they make, like the Little Bro, the Dakota Drifter, and the Tom Brown Scout.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Personally, I like them. They're 1095 steel with a good heat treat and temper. I don't like ALL the knives they make, but with as many different designs as they put out, who could?

I've got a Blue Otter. It's a stout little knife, to be sure, at 3/16" thick. I've got my eye on a couple of others they make, like the Little Bro, the Dakota Drifter, and the Tom Brown Scout.

I like the looks of the Blue Otter, FDX XL Hunter Point, and the Tom Brown Tracker. I wonder if Brads Knives or Knife Lady have a connection there?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I like the looks of the Blue Otter, FDX XL Hunter Point, and the Tom Brown Tracker. I wonder if Brads Knives or Knife Lady have a connection there?

Oh yeah I already have a few TOPS in stock. I love their knives and boy do they have a wide selection. I even have a few of the TOPS shirts in stock.
    I will be happy to help you with your next TOPS purchase. :D Just let me know the model so I can order it.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Oh yeah I already have a few TOPS in stock. I love their knives and boy do they have a wide selection. I even have a few of the TOPS shirts in stock.
    I will be happy to help you with your next TOPS purchase. :D Just let me know the model so I can order it.

I'm wearing my TOPS t-shirt now! (my Izula shirt is dirty :):)

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground

How quick can you get them once you place an order? I ended up with the Cheetah by default. My wife is still waiting on a knife she ordered several months ago from Scrapyard. She didnt want to be empty handed so she ordered the Cheetah from Amazon.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    How quick can you get them once you place an order? I ended up with the Cheetah by default. My wife is still waiting on a knife she ordered several months ago from Scrapyard. She didnt want to be empty handed so she ordered the Cheetah from Amazon.

Yeah us small business man just love to compete with Amazon. If we place an order it usually takes about 3 -5 days to receive it depending on the manufacturer. TOPS orders 3-5 days if the specific model is in stock.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Yeah us small business man just love to compete with Amazon. If we place an order it usually takes about 3 -5 days to receive it depending on the manufacturer. TOPS orders 3-5 days if the specific model is in stock.

I told my wife last night that your a Tops dealer. She said yes but those are your people from INGO. I said yes but they do have a website with a local # if you decide to do something in the future. Hopefully she got the hint.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Thank you sir. The machete is what brought me to the site to begin with. They had an advertisement in Tactical Knives magazine but I was a little reluctant after there review on the Southern Grind Granddady was alittle misleading in my opinion. But so far I would say Tops puts out a quality product for little money.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I got my first TOPS knife this week for Christmas. Some of they're designs get a bit goofy, but you can't argue that they are good quality.

I seen your other post about getting a "BOB". Just wanted to say thanks. I forgot all about and now I have another knife to add to the buy list. :D

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I stock TOPS knives but I am currently out of stock on the BOB which is an excellent cool knife. I should have it back in stock soon I hope.
    The Rhino is a great model too.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I stock TOPS knives but I am currently out of stock on the BOB which is an excellent cool knife. I should have it back in stock soon I hope.
    The Rhino is a great model too.

Check out post #3 in this thread. If you don't mind send me a pm with the prices for the blades listed. My nephew Luke Valentine has a birthday in February and is going to need a present. Can't decide if it's going to be an ESEE or a Tops. Thanks.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I seen your other post about getting a "BOB". Just wanted to say thanks. I forgot all about and now I have another knife to add to the buy list. :D

It's a cool knife. Honestly, I've hardly put it down since I brought it home. I've got a big blister on my hand from playing with the bow pivot.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    It's a cool knife. Honestly, I've hardly put it down since I brought it home. I've got a big blister on my hand from playing with the bow pivot.

If it wasn't for all this snow and returning to work yesterday I probably wouldn't have put mine down either. I will definitely be ordering more in the near future.

Top Bottom