• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We just had a couple of storms roll through here in southern Indiana, west of here, like around French Lick, got some big hail, but we just got heavy rain for about 30 minutes.

I heard earlier there was a tornado around Bloomington, but haven’t heard anything else about it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wife’s phone said Akron had tornado on ground heading East earlier. That’s about 100 miles North of Indy. We had non stop thunder for well over 30 minutes.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Power was out here for 3 hours and some change.

I was thankfully straddled by the storm front, but it got dicey for awhile. The obnoxious thing is that I need rain here and we had such a severe storm go through yet not a drop of rain fell here. Weird to have black skies and no rain.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We just had another pretty good storm go through. Maybe 35-40 mph winds, and just insanely heavy rain for about 5 minutes, then quarter sized hail. Fortunately I remembered to go out and pull the truck under the carport earlier.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Our siren went off a couple of miles east of Mooresville and you could hear a constant role of thunder that lasted about 5 minutes, but we didn't even get a single drop of rain. Outside watching the clouds and the weather radar I was pretty confident that we were in the clear.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Before the scanner app quit, I heard LEO's talking of vehicle damaging hail in Owen county. NE of Bloomington got BB sized hail for just a short time and gusty winds. Happily also a much needed 3/4" of rain. Siren went off 3 separate times.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We had that up north for at least a half hour. Never heard anything like it.

Power went out at 3:15PM. Still out as of this morning.
    Yeah, that noise was disconcerting. I went out to do some storm watch and you could hear just a constant rumble. I thought, is this the freight train sound you hear about. But then I decided it was just constant thunder sound.

Top Bottom