• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I guess we’re off to an early start this year. I live a little northwest of Salem and didn’t notice a thing. Some lightening and some rain but that was it. Our weather radio didn’t even go off this morning.

1707605345034.png

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I didn’t hear anything until a couple hundred pounds of dogs decided to jump in bed with us. Our shepherd hates thunder and the other two dogs follow his lead. Saw one flash of lightning before I fell asleep again.
    It was quite a light show for about 20 minutes...most of it was a little north east of the river....

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Round 2 is warming up. They’re supposed to roll through here midnight or after. One report I saw mentions “long track tornadoes”…this could get interesting.

1709071441232.png

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    My 4 year old was scared of the thunder and climbed in bed with me. I woke up before that when it blew in but fell asleep counting the time between flashes and thunder. It was about 5 miles away the last I remember.

That was all we were impacted thankfully.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    In fairness to the forecasters, at least some of them were hedging their dire forecasts on the how quickly that cap would break up. Luckily, I guess, it held on long enough to get past Lawrence county any way. :)
    Yeah. The guy on WDRB in Louisville was saying earlier in the day that he didn’t think the temperature would get high enough to cause any bad storms, but the possibility still existed for something random to spin up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah. The guy on WDRB in Louisville was saying earlier in the day that he didn’t think the temperature would get high enough to cause any bad storms, but the possibility still existed for something random to spin up.
    Man, it was still warm at 2am...I think I saw 71F. That's pretty warm, especially at night. When I saw that (and it was before the line came through), I thought uh-oh.

Top Bottom