• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    First person to point out the time-stamp, in which I accidentally step in to the frame, wins a cookie and +Rep haha

This was a fun video to make, and all three of us were genuinely surprised by the results.

[video=youtube;LuPOqDlaX6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuPOqDlaX6U[/video]

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Yeah, I don't think any of us expected what happened.

I wonder though, you guys used CLP to lubricate the Sig , they recommend using grease to lubricate the P series of pistols. I really do wonder if that would make a difference de as I am just as shocked as you guys by the result. (I will still be keeping my Legion pistols though)

Also big fan of the MAC channel keep up the awesome content!!!

grayguns.com/lubrication-of-sig-sauer-pistol-rails/

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The Legion is advertised on Sig's website as a professionals (they use "warrior" as well) pistol. It's not advertised as a finely fit target pistol, but as a fighting pistol for pros. http://legionseries.com/

I used CLP Breakfree, the standard military lube for 30 some years which i've used for 25+ years on God only knows how many guns. If a 2016 pistol needs a specific specialty GREASE (it's not 1942 anymore) to run right... well, that means the gun is a peg or two above worthless to me. Harsh, but seriously, grease in 2016? I should be able to lube my defensive pistol with dirty engine oil in a bad situation and expect it to work.

The gun isn't fit that tight either, so I have no idea why this one would require grease while every other Sig (like the German gun I have) runs like a top with crappy Rem Oil. It's also worth noting that the Rex Zero 1 is more tightly fit than the Legion. The slide to frame fit on the Legion is like a rack grade 1911. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJs6EIRAEph/

Last edited:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Great video Tim, I saw your post on instagram earlier today and watched the video this evening when I got home... I really like how you are going to do the tests now and I'm looking forward to what is to come!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Great video Tim, I saw your post on instagram earlier today and watched the video this evening when I got home... I really like how you are going to do the tests now and I'm looking forward to what is to come!

We talked a lot about this video today. We have lots of plans. I will finally order a Sig P320 for testing. We'll revisit the VP9 (I really-really hope it does well), and we'll do popular pistols like the Glock, M&P, etc.

I'm glad you enjoy the new format.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    We talked a lot about this video today. We have lots of plans. I will finally order a Sig P320 for testing. We'll revisit the VP9 (I really-really hope it does well), and we'll do popular pistols like the Glock, M&P, etc.

I'm glad you enjoy the new format.

Awesome! Really looking forward to it!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've never even heard of the Rex Zero before. Good test.

And as far as the grease goes, I wonder how the Sig would do with the lube they recommend.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    An interestng data point, no doubt. If I recall correctly, the Arex was built using new, state-of-the-art, CNC machines. Is it possible, that due to the precision of the fitting, debris was less able to penetrate and foul the action while simultaneously being loose enough for continued function with minor debris present? I would like to see what would make the Arex fail. How many rounds have been put through it, just out of curiosity?

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    An interestng data point, no doubt. If I recall correctly, the Arex was built using new, state-of-the-art, CNC machines. Is it possible, that due to the precision of the fitting, debris was less able to penetrate and foul the action while simultaneously being loose enough for continued function with minor debris present? I would like to see what would make the Arex fail. How many rounds have been put through it, just out of curiosity?

Both pistols were brand new. We cleaned and lubricated both pistols before shooting.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Have you considered a quick follow up re-test of the Legion using Sig's recommended grease?
    I wonder if it would sail through or fail again...:dunno:
    Either way, it will put the questions we're all thinking about to rest.
    Keep up the great videos!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Doesn't surprise me that the Sig failed. Sig USA isn't the quality of Sig/Germany or Swiss. I've noticed the drop in quality after owning US made Sigs vs. German made ones. I dumped all of my US made Sigs since.

Thanks for the test:ingo:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The Legion is advertised on Sig's website as a professionals (they use "warrior" as well) pistol. It's not advertised as a finely fit target pistol, but as a fighting pistol for pros. Legion Series | Sig Sauer

I used CLP Breakfree, the standard military lube for 30 some years which i've used for 25+ years on God only knows how many guns. If a 2016 pistol needs a specific specialty GREASE (it's not 1942 anymore) to run right... well, that means the gun is a peg or two above worthless to me. Harsh, but seriously, grease in 2016? I should be able to lube my defensive pistol with dirty engine oil in a bad situation and expect it to work.

The gun isn't fit that tight either, so I have no idea why this one would require grease while every other Sig (like the German gun I have) runs like a top with crappy Rem Oil. It's also worth noting that the Rex Zero 1 is more tightly fit than the Legion. The slide to frame fit on the Legion is like a rack grade 1911. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJs6EIRAEph/

Well that shoots my theory in the head. I wondered if the Sig needed to be broken in. Great video!

Top Bottom