• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Tomorrow, starting at about 5:16AM the only total lunar eclipse until 2025 will begin. Maximum eclipse will be at about 5:59AM. All of these are give or take a few minutes as this is based upon Indianapolis time.

Sorry for the last minute warning.

So get up early, watch the sky turn blood red, then vote with that as a sign from the heavens!

Regards,

Doug

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone know where in the sky to expect it to be?

I saw the full moon driving back to Ft. Wayne from LaPorte. By the time I was in Ft. Wayne about 7:30PM it was mid Eastern / Southeastern sky. If it continues movement I will guess, and this is just a guess, it will be in mid southwestern sky.

Regards,

Doug

PS - I suck at land navigation. I'm just loony...:ugh:

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Thanks Einstein. That really helps to make a decision as to whether I will be able to see it from my house at 5AM. LOL
    Oh, you wanted a technical response. Got it. Numbers will vary slightly for you (these are for Ft Wayne) but will be close if you’re not too far away. Since an eclipse requires the Sun, Earth and Moon to be in a straight line in space, and maximum totality occurs at 5:59AM while sunrise occurs at 7:19AM (close enough for tomorrow), then totality will occur 1.33 hours (80 minutes) before sunrise which puts the moon almost exactly 20 degrees above the horizon at that point (higher earlier, lower later). And, since the sun rises in the eastern part of the sky, the moon will be setting in the western part (remember that straight line again). So ask yourself if you can see an object in the western sky from your house that’s 20 degrees above the horizon? Only you can judge if nearby trees, multistory buildings or Indiana’s Mount Holcomb volcano will block the view! :-)

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Nice one this morning. Not perfectly centered in the shadow, but dark enough that the stars are readily visible and the moon’s about twice the angular height of the highest trees visible from my place, so no obstructions.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Here in far west central Indiana it is in the western sky about 30 degrees up. Just enough cloud cover it can be seen but not in detail. It appears to be a dull red color, was hoping for a better view but still cool. Jim.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Tomorrow, starting at about 5:16AM the only total lunar eclipse until 2025 will begin. Maximum eclipse will be at about 5:59AM.

So get up early, watch the sky turn blood red, then vote with that as a sign from the heavens!

Regards,

Doug
    I’d have to get up late to see this!

Top Bottom