• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    In preparation for the massive amounts of misinformation about to be distributed (especially by the "if it bleeds, it leads" media), this thread will give answers. Already, frenzies of fear and revulsion have caused the least intelligent among us (read "government") to cancel school that day in a number if Indiana districts.

I will be doing pre-eclipse programs in NE Indiana over the coming months, including during the dry-run partial eclipse on October 14.

Follow here to get your myths busted and obtain accurate information.

Reactions: oze

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    If I remember right, I experienced a total eclipse back in Chicago burbs in 1963. I throught it was pretty uneventful. We were instructed to make a tiny hole in a cardboard box and put our head in it and watch the tiny light disappear. We were warned not to look at it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If I remember right, I experienced a total eclipse back in Chicago burbs in 1963. I throught it was pretty uneventful. We were instructed to make a tiny hole in a cardboard box and put our head in it and watch the tiny light disappear. We were warned not to look at it.
    I've done the pin hole thing before, but it involved having the sun shining over my shoulder and onto the cardboard with the hole in it. You then watched the image of the sun where it shown through the hole onto a surface (like concrete or whatever). It's basically like a pin hole camera.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I've done the pin hole thing before, but it involved having the sun shining over my shoulder and onto the cardboard with the hole in it. You then watched the image of the sun where it shown through the hole onto a surface (like concrete or whatever). It's basically like a pin hole camera.

Yes, that's what I remember doing too, DD !

Top Bottom