• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NewsShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I did the Warrior Dash over the summer. Planning on running the Zombie Run in June.

Awesome time. Make sure you show up a couple hours before your wave - parking at all of these are RIDICULOUS. And run a lot. Then run more. If you are worried about the obstacles, you should be cool with being able to do a lot of body weight exercises... i.e. Squats, pushups, chin-ups/pull-ups.

I was gassed 2 miles in... because my pride got the best of me and I tried to keep pace with much better runners. Find a hot chick with a smoking tail - let that motivate you, and have fun.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I ran 3 half marathons this year, so I guess I'm a bit of a recreational runner. But for some reason I don't have all that much interest in doing the muddy runs.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It's not just a mud run, it's an endurance obstable course. My buddy is doing the tough mudder this weekend (IIRC). I ran the Rebel Race with him and our wives in Sept. They're alot of fun, and alot less mind numbing than looking down a stretch of asphault. I have been looking into Spartan Race, but my long distance endurance isnt there yet, the Rebel Race was only a 5k.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Man, that looks like a good time. The running does not look concerning, I would much rather run like this than on a street...BORING!!!!! I do a lot of body weight training in my CrossFit workouts. Lots of rope climbing, pushups, situps, handstand pushups, squats, etc. This looks like it would be fun and challenging. I don't mind difficult, it just needs to be fun.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Man, that looks like a good time. The running does not look concerning, I would much rather run like this than on a street...BORING!!!!! I do a lot of body weight training in my CrossFit workouts. Lots of rope climbing, pushups, situps, handstand pushups, squats, etc. This looks like it would be fun and challenging. I don't mind difficult, it just needs to be fun.

I'll let you know how fun it is after tomorrow. :n00b:

qwkdrwmgw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I done the Rebel Race in Sept. and then done the Tough Mudder in Nov. let me just say the RR is a walk in the park compared to the TM. The two worst obstacles were the Ice Jacuzzi and the Mystery Obstacle. I will admit this was probably the toughest thing I have ever tried doing. But I would do it again in a heart beat, the feeling (or lack there of) at the end was great.

We are looking to get a big team together for the one in March and also the one in April that is in Ohio. Let me know if your interested.

Scott

Top Bottom