• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I was surfing around YouTube and found this video. Thought some of you (locals especially) would find it interesting. That's a ton of crap in the back! Friendly officer and apparently highly trained. :yesway:

[video=youtube;PCoBNOMnvfk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCoBNOMnvfk[/video]

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    The LEO seems like a nice guy.

I like the part where the cameraman asks if those are real guns mounted between the seats. :laugh:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That guy is a paramedic, diver and police officer! Do they get extra pay for all of that?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That guy is a paramedic, diver and police officer! Do they get extra pay for all of that?

Yeah, they get paid extra for a specialty, but you're typically capped at 1 for the incentive. Any additional specialty doesn't put more in your pockrt

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Yeah, they get paid extra for a specialty, but you're typically capped at 1 for the incentive. Any additional specialty doesn't put more in your pocket

We're capped at two, although I have four.

It has to be nice having a Tahoe to keep the dive and medical gear in. My CV won't hold my dive gear with all the other equipment that is already in the trunk.

It is nice having all your dive training and equipment paid for, but I'm guessing that diving for a drowning victim in zero visibility 40 degree water is probably a little different than diving in the Bahamas for fun.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

It is nice having all your dive training and equipment paid for, but I'm guessing that diving for a drowning victim in zero visibility 40 degree water is probably a little different than diving in the Bahamas for fun.

I've seen them done about 7-8 years ago when a Mustang went into a retention pond, here in Carmel. I was in a jacket and it was still freezing. Hats off to those guys, I'd probably last in class until the instructor said something about doing your job in "all-weather" conditions, and then I'd think about my tropical sensibilities, and ask to leave.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Usually the water at that point is warmer than the air, so getting in isn't bad. Getting out sucks.

I also only have three specialties, I forgot I'm not a breath test operator anymore (which I didn't like anyway since I'm not a big fan of anything traffic related). The only two specialties we have that are really involved are SWAT and SCUBA. The rest, like being an FTO or a breath test operator, don't really require much off shift work. Our department doesn't have medics like the gentleman in the video.

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    God Bless all the Civil Servants. You Guys and Gals are a special breed and a Blessing to all those in need. It is a shame that the pay isn't where it should be for what you do day in and day out. I'm sure that you didn't chose this career for the pay. you chose it to make a difference. Praying safety for you all.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Usually the water at that point is warmer than the air, so getting in isn't bad. Getting out sucks.

I also only have three specialties, I forgot I'm not a breath test operator anymore (which I didn't like anyway since I'm not a big fan of anything traffic related). The only two specialties we have that are really involved are SWAT and SCUBA. The rest, like being an FTO or a breath test operator, don't really require much off shift work. Our department doesn't have medics like the gentleman in the video.

FTO?

I suppose I COULD Google it, but where is the fun in that?!?!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Real nice officer! "Are those real?" LOL
    i don't know if I'd want people knowing I had meds in my vehicle though. I have a family member that use to be a medic on an ambulance and they hid the meds because of the frequency that ambulances get broke into by drug seekers. But he (the officer) knows what he's doing. Probably takes that box out each shift. A lot of cops I've known or ones I've seen their trunks or back seats usually carry a lot of gear for the job and a lot of it unfortunately they have to buy out of pocket. And that should never have to happen in my opinion.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I would love to be a paramedic but there is no way my dept. would pay for the training and I dont think I could get the tie off to do it myself.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

It has to be nice having a Tahoe to keep the dive and medical gear in. My CV won't hold my dive gear with all the other equipment that is already in the trunk.

This should hold all the gear! :):

1-1.jpg

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Wow, a dept that gives a crap about it's officers. Huh. We HAD a dive team but Peterson disbanded them to save money. IFD does the diving for us now. Cameras, radar, paramedic training...never in a million years sadly. They took away my beanbags when we merged, IPD was never allowed to use them so we (former MCSD) couldn't even though I was trained.

Top Bottom