• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Middleboro, MA, is banning words they don't like in public.

Middleboro Approves $20 Fine For Swearing

DavidDees-FreeSpeech.Gif

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I want to say unenforceable, but it will be for a while because so many people don't know their rights, unfortunately.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    This is a bunch of &$*#&$
    They didn't really ban cussing though did they. It's kinda like they've imposed a cursing fee. Maybe they could issue a lifetime cursing license.

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Screw them. Hope someone takes it upon themselves to stand in the park and cuss up a storm, just so they can take it to court. It's a clear violation of the 1st Amendment, damn it.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Ha Ha, where the (fill in blank) is all this oppression coming from? You can ban as much crap as you want. It wont change anything, you can not control peoples behavior. Ain't gonna happen. People break these pesky little annoyance laws routinely and then complain when caught. It wont stop smoking or cussing or talking on cell phones while driving or anything else. You need to inject some moral fiber into people if you want positive change.

PS: I do however notice everyone using caution on here and not daring to use any cuss words.

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I once got pulled over in IN for using profanity. He pulled me over and said, "first thing, you're getting a speeding ticket...you know why I pulled you over?"

"Uh...speeding?"

"No. What were you doing yelling profanity back there on Rt 30?"

"I was waiting to make a left turn and that ****** wasn't going fast enough and I wasn't gonna make the turn."

I was 22 at the time, I couldn't believe it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    PS: I do however notice everyone using caution on here and not daring to use any cuss words.

The first amendment does not apply to private forums. It is a restriction on governments (well at least, it is supposed to be). Feel free to curse in your posts. The forum is configured to filter it out.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I recall this coming up in Michigan a few years back. It was apparently against the law to swear in front of women and children for decades/century. Someone got ticketed for it. Not sure how it turned out now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lets all agree that there is a time and place to use profanity. Being a master at the use of profanity I am fully aware of these times and places. Many have no filter on there mouths. Free speech is one thing but foul speech is yet something different.
    It gets my hair up when folks use questionable language around my 5 yr. old gran-daughter.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Simon Phoenix: Look I don't need a history lesson! C'mon, HAL, where are the g*d d*mn guns?
    Moral Statute Machine: You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
    Simon Phoenix: What? F*ck you!
    Moral Statute Machine: Your repeated violation of the Verbal Morality Statute has caused me to notify the San Angeles Police Department. Please remain where you are for your reprimand.
    Simon Phoenix: Yeah, right.
    [police sirens approach]
    Simon Phoenix: F*ckers are fast too.
    Moral Statute Machine: You are fined one credit for a violation of the Verbal Morality Statute.
    Simon Phoenix: Beeeeep!
    :D

Apologies if I didn't put in enough asterisks

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Lets all agree that there is a time and place to use profanity. Being a master at the use of profanity I am fully aware of these times and places. Many have no filter on there mouths. Free speech is one thing but foul speech is yet something different.
    It gets my hair up when folks use questionable language around my 5 yr. old gran-daughter.

Agreed, it is unfortunate that it is even an issue.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Nothing that comes out of mass-of-two-****s surprises me any more. But that's beyond ridiculous. I wonder how long it will take before the people there get fed up with it and take steps to fox it.

Top Bottom