• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I wonder if this law is still on the books. A small town, in November of 2000, passed a law requiring all households to have guns and ammo for protection purposes. While it's an interesting idea, I'm thinking it's as unconstitutional as banning guns.

We have a right to bear arms but do we also have a responsibility?

Town in Utah Requires Owning Guns - ABC News

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    The 2A names the right to bear arms. The flip of that is the right to not bear arms.

That written, do I think that most every home should have them for self-defense? Yep.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I wonder if this law is still on the books. A small town, in November of 2000, passed a law requiring all households to have guns and ammo for protection purposes. While it's an interesting idea, I'm thinking it's as unconstitutional as banning guns.

We have a right to bear arms but do we also have a responsibility?

Town in Utah Requires Owning Guns - ABC News

You know, it MIGHT just be un-Constitutional...
    but I know with whom I'd prefer to be neighbors.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I feel Americans do have a responsibility to do so.
    I agree that all people every where have the responsibility to defend the innocent to the best of their ability and resources. While that doesn't prescribe gun ownership and gun use, I would agree that those are the best tools for the job when it comes to imminent violent acts.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Kennesaw passed that law in 1982, in response to the law being passed in Morton Grove, IL forbidding handguns in the home. Surprise, surprise: Morton Grove's crime rate skyrocketed. Kennesaw's plunged. 20+ years later, Kennesaw's violent crime rate was still lower than before the law passed. Prior to the law, they were above the national average. (higher crime, IOW)

Funny thing is, the law there, as Joe said, exempts conscientious objectors, the physically and mentally disabled, felons (obviously) and those without the financial ability to purchase the firearm... AND there is no penalty within that law providing for punishment for violating it. It's entirely for "show"... but yet it still works.

More good guys with guns, less crime. Why do people have to make it so difficult?

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom