• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Shopkeeper files federal lawsuit against town » Local News » Hendricks County Flyer, Avon, IN

A shopkeeper on Main street was told in an unprofessional (and illegal) manner by a town official to remove an item that was deemed "too risque". She refused to comply and filed a First Amendment lawsuit against the town. She also filed an injunction against the town prohibiting them from effing with her window displays. I see a lot of talk about standing up for yourself or taking a stand in general, but this woman actually grabbed the town of Plainfield by the cajones and told them to eff off! Good for her!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I like how "they could have worked it out." Funny how a willingness to work things out often comes when someone refuses to be bullied.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I like how "they could have worked it out." Funny how a willingness to work things out often comes when someone refuses to be bullied.

Yeah, it's just like when a would-be victim shoots his/her attacker and the families of the deceased go on and on about how good a person the deceased was and that they never could have been actually committing a crime:rolleyes:

They could have taken the high road but instead they decided to poke the tiger. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.:twocents:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    +1 for her and +1 for the high school kids. As much as it pains me, +1 for Ken Falk and the ACLU (running to wash the taste out of my mouth as I type).

-1 for the neighborhood nazi and -1 for the city attorney. "I don't know why she sued us. We were only screwing with her." Nimrods.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Plainfield is such a pristine town, I'm sure that blanket was offensive to the good citizens. You see more than that in the grocery store check-out lane. :dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    "It's also a public safety issue."

No, it's not. That's your pea-brained fall-back excuse for when you can't come up with a legitimate reason to bully someone.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    "It's also a public safety issue."

No, it's not. That's your pea-brained fall-back excuse for when you can't come up with a legitimate reason to bully someone.

The only reason the traffic gets jammed up is because there's a :poop:load of construction and the intersection happens to be one of the busiest as 40 is the main east-west route and Center runs from Plainfield proper past the parks and schools (not to mention a back way into Avon to avoid 267 and Dan Jones).

I've driven that a lot lately for business and only the construction and the poorly managed/placed traffic signals are contributing to the "jammed up" traffic.

I'm going shopping tomorrow.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Good for her. If the mudflap girl is Adult entertainment, then perhaps we can start restriction on TV ads? Or music videos.

Time for talk is just about over, time to start slapping the stoooopid out of these idiots.

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    I usually hate anything the ACLU is involved with, but good for them for this. It seems that most governement entities assume that people will comply because they don't have the money to lawyer up and fight the invalid demands. Good for her to stand up. If anyone was stalling traffic to look at a sillouette in a blanket they are hard up for sexual content, because that is less interesting than a cheerleader on TV every other second.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    After having the run-in with James, she said she decided to call the Plainfield town attorney and he suggested she call the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).

I'm wondering if the town attorney was being a rude, condescending smart alec to he when he told her to call the ACLU.

If so... think he may reconsider such behavior in the future?

Top Bottom