• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Already been discussed back when it happened. It's just another lie by the ATF in an effort to exert power over others. What they need is a world class lawsuit and some firings. This goes from the top of the ATF to the bottom. The entire agency needs to be dismantled and the employees tried for civil rights violations.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ok, I can see his point that they only need 1 more hole to become an AR lower blah blah blah... but who cares? I can readily convert a chunk of aluminum to an AR receiver too given enough time etc. that doesn't mean that every chunk of aluminum I have is a gun...

Geeze, a criminal could easily buy an 80% lower and finish the work himself... Or buy an AK parts kit, a receiver flat and a flat-bending jig and build an AK.

It's not going to stop somebody that is determined...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Ok, I can see his point that they only need 1 more hole to become an AR lower blah blah blah... but who cares? I can readily convert a chunk of aluminum to an AR receiver too given enough time etc. that doesn't mean that every chunk of aluminum I have is a gun...

Geeze, a criminal could easily buy an 80% lower and finish the work himself... Or buy an AK parts kit, a receiver flat and a flat-bending jig and build an AK.

This is why the whole whole thing is retarded, and must go.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country

This guy used a cutting board........:ar15: :rockwoot:

YouTube - AR-15 from a Cutting Board (brighter)

BAN THE EVIL CUTTING BOARDS, REGISTER ALL OF THEM BEFORE SOME EVIL CRIMINAL DUDE BUYS ONE!

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Wait, what kind of airsoft gun uses propane?

Green Gas.

GreenGasCO2.jpg

Green Gas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    It IS easy to make a functional gun out of an Airsoft gun.

Just buy an AR lower receiver,
    an AR upper receiver,
    all of the FCG parts,
    a real barrel and delta ring assemble
    a real gas tube and gas block,
    a real carrier and bolt group,
    a real stock set,
    any other parts that I forgot,
    Put them all together and throw away all of the Airsoft crap and,
    VIOLA!!!!
    You have a real gun.
    Mike

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think the reason they got their shorts in a wad is not that they could be made into a gun, but that they could EASILY be made into a gun. Maybe they fear a terror cell building a batch of untraceable ARs from the airsoft guns. Sure, you can build an AR from a cutting board, but it's not easy.

I'm all for every legal citizen of the US to have as many guns as they either want or can afford, but I'm not crazy about illegals getting their hands on them.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It not only isn't easy, it's damn near impossible. The airsoft parts just aren't up to the specs of the real thing. This was extensively debunked in a 4-part series on Pajamas Media. The first one goes into some of the details that without extensive part replacements/upgrades, the weapon would be more dangerous to the user than the intended victim.

Pajamas Media Agents of Incompetence: ATF Seizes Gun Shipment Labeled ‘Toys’ ? But They Really Were Toys
    Pajamas Media Agents of Incompetence: ATF Seizes ‘Toys,’ Then Touts Their Danger (Part II)
    Pajamas Media Agents of Incompetence: Customs, ATF Dodging All Questions About Toy Guns (Part III)
    Pajamas Media Agents of Incompetence: ATF Dodges FOIA, Still Has Seized BB Guns (Part IV)

Last edited:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Converting an airsoft to a real gun and firing a live round through it will give you results you won't like. Hope your insurance covers the medical procedures you'll need. Anyone believing the ATF's lines on this needs some help. This is just another, in a long line, of ATF lies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Ah, that's too bad. I was thinking that if an airsoft could be converted to an AR, then an AR could mount an airsoft upper and make for some really cheap practice around the house. It would be kind of cool to have a decent quality airsoft upper for an AR to practice room clearing drills with. Could scare the wife and neighbors though.

Top Bottom