• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    This "Zero Tolerance" crap has got to stop. Some one (most likely a dirty, filthy liberal) came up with the idea.

Zero Tolerance polices place the blame on mindless pieces of paper and ink.

When a parent wants to confront a principal or teacher about a problem or issue, the response is:

"TAKE IT UP WITH THE PAPER THAT THE POLICY IS WRITTEN ON. NOT ME."

Easy way to skate right past RESPONSIBILITY and ACCOUNTABILITY.

Left wing dirty liberals not having responsibility and accountability? YOU DON'T SAY!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    All of us are guilty. We turned our children over to liberal wackos (NEA) several years ago. Now is it any wonder we have the mess on our hands that we do?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The world is screwed, truly screwed. What we need is a good old fashioned doomsday event, those of us who survive will have a better, less crowded world to live in, those of us who die, won't have to worry about the dumb **** anymore.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Even though my son is in public school, they are a bit more tolerant than this story.
    I have been called in a few times this past year for him using his fingers, pencils, recorder and I am not sure what else as guns.
    The school also knows what we do so they overlook it a bit I think. :dunno:

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Even though my son is in public school, they are a bit more tolerant than this story.
    I have been called in a few times this past year for him using his fingers, pencils, recorder and I am not sure what else as guns.
    The school also knows what we do so they overlook it a bit I think. :dunno:

Oh my God! I'm going to be in BIG trouble when my toddler is old enough to go to school. He uses his fingers, magnetic letter "L"s, sticks, even cookies and pieces of bread that have been bitten into the shape of a gun. Did you know a small, tabletop camera tripod makes a good machine gun? I must say though, for a three year old, he has a pretty good Weaver's stance.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    If I recall, a year or so ago some elementary student was doing a project about her big brother who is in Afghanistan. Her project was not allowed to be turned in until her mother snipped off the guns of the plastic toy soldiers.
    Anybody remember that?

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    Can anyone identify the precise moment when America's balls fell off? I would love to blame Obama, but he's a symptom, not the disease.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    If we lived in a world of perfect Irony, the Principal who "...told the family that the hat would be fine if David replaced the Army men holding weapons with ones that didn't have any..." will have a lunatic banging on her windows and doors at 3AM, so she'll call the cops, but the responding officer will show up unarmed and just yell "Sorry, Zero Tolerance won't let me carry a gun around you" and just leave her to defend herself...or maybe he can give her a handful of plastic army men holding weapons so she can see how deadly those "weapons" really are.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I love the part of the story:

"The district does not allow images of weapons or drugs on clothing. For example, a student would not be permitted to wear a shirt with a picture of a marijuana leaf on it, the superintendent said."

Because a toy solider representing a patriotic theme and a mary jay leaf representing a drug theme are the same.........:n00b:

Superintendent, you fail

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Can anyone identify the precise moment when America's balls fell off? I would love to blame Obama, but he's a symptom, not the disease.

Sometime between Woodrow Wilson and FDR's presidencies would be the beginning. It accelerated with LBJ. Sadly, it did not improve with Nixon, Ford, Reagan, or either Bush, but it was actively worsened under Carter, Clinton, and now Obama. Note that I am not blaming any of the Presidents nor even Obama for making it happen, I'm simply saying it occurred while they were in office.

The following is an email I wrote when I read this story. I know I'm preaching to the choir here on INGO, but if anyone can honestly say this makes sense, I'd love to read the explanation.

I cannot believe that this is happening in my country. People are denied freedom of speech if the speech runs counter to that which is acceptable to someone in "authority". What ever happened to common sense? "Zero tolerance" is merely another way of saying "zero thought" or "zero discretion" or perhaps "zero IQ".

I can understand that some people have a morbid fear of inanimate objects that can do nothing at all on their own. I can even understand that there is a fear of what someone might do, though I don't agree with limiting the actions of the innocent based on the possibility of criminal activity; Someone driving a car MIGHT drive up on the sidewalk and intentionally kill 15 people, but that doesn't stop us from having cars. Someone MIGHT go into a theater and scream "Fire!", but we don't require that everyone seeing a movie must be bound and gagged to prevent them from doing so.

I do not think these fears have any basis in reality, but I understand that they exist. I am at a loss to understand how it makes any sense to issue a ban on an 8 year old having toys, especially when they are solid pieces of plastic, used to decorate a hat.

What do they do if the textbook shows a photo of a soldier in battle? Burn the books?

If this makes any sense to (any of )you, I would appreciate hearing how it does.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom